PG Music Home
Posted By: ROG Roll-over colours. - 08/23/14 06:44 PM

Around this time of year and for several years now, I ask for a simple feature which would make my work so much easier and yet would take almost no coding.

I use the MIXER window all the time - it's an absolutely brilliant piece of kit - and I use lots of channel inserts for effects. The problem is that the UP/DOWN state of the FX button is not easy to see at a glance, so sometimes I miss something. What I would dearly like is for the roll-over colour to change in the way it does in the TRACKS window.

Please,PLEASE, PG, this time maybe?

ROG

PS. Oh, and a button to take you straight to the input monitor would be great as well.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Roll-over colours. - 08/26/14 07:32 AM
Is this all you need ?
It has 1-2 warranty, once you got it, it's 2 late.
Backup original !!!.
RealBand_2014_7_FX_Button.zip

Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Roll-over colours. - 08/26/14 02:36 PM
+1

And SR, you keep teasing everyone with those 'easy-look' innovations!
Posted By: solidrock Re: Roll-over colours. - 08/26/14 06:59 PM
I updated the Realband.exe so it has the active blue on the aux and master also.
Once again backup original (Realband org.exe) !

RealBand_2014_7_FX_Button.zip
Posted By: rharv Re: Roll-over colours. - 08/31/14 05:59 PM
OK, I'll ask; how are you accessing those glyphs?
EDIT: never mind, figgered it out ..

How do your Tracks look? I spend more time there, so I changed these to make a few things easier to see (like selected tracks etc.). The volume slider message is showing because I clicked on the slider to show you how it lights up when clicked, as does the panning slider. smile

Attached picture RBCustom.jpg
Posted By: rharv Re: Roll-over colours. - 08/31/14 06:12 PM
SR,
Have you tried just saving the glyph in the appropriate folder under the working Realband/PTW_Pictures/?

Usually the Skins folder. I think RB looks there first and uses an image if it exists, but otherwise uses built-in.

Try it, let me know if that works, as it would mean just saving a few images as opposed to reinstalling a hacked version of the program. I'm pretty sure the license does not encourage your methods, but simply adding customized images has been encouraged by the development team. Plus you don't need to go through the compile process..
If it works, it is a much better/safer method.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Roll-over colours. - 09/01/14 01:22 PM
cool idea Bob!
Posted By: solidrock Re: Roll-over colours. - 09/02/14 10:50 PM
There were a few different ones, the aux and master were elsewhere.
You can't do too much with the skins, but you can try here is the bmp:

FXJcjrSpeedButton_Glyph_Data.zip

I can put the Resources up for each fix and you can replace them yourself if you like.

Here's the drum picker window 1280x720 fix,
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=260818#Post260818
Posted By: rharv Re: Roll-over colours. - 09/04/14 11:59 PM
Putting the graphic in the Skins folder didn't work here in a quick test, but I bet it would be an easy wishlist item.

I have other places to try still. I like the idea and will be promoting it.
If we had access to all the graphics in the list we could do some really cool stuff.
Posted By: ROG Re: Roll-over colours. - 10/21/14 05:47 PM
With many thanks to Solidrock for all his work, I'm hoping that we might see these improvements incorporated into RB and PT at the annual up-grade, so we don't have to use a hacked version.

rhrav - access to the skins would be cool indeed. Keep pushing!

ROG.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Roll-over colours. - 11/30/14 06:04 PM
2015 I will do another Patch.

Hi Bob,

Have you posted your request in the Wishlist section of the forums as well? That's the best place for feature requests, as nobody in the tech support department is involved in the development of our software. The development team do read posts in the Wishlist though.
Thank you
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums