PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Fogle RealBand For Mac OS - 05/01/15 09:01 PM
Though my computer uses Windows, I've seen Mac users post that RealBand is not available for Mac. I'd like for our Mac mates to have the advantages RealBand offers.
Posted By: solidrock Re: RealBand For Mac OS - 05/01/15 09:30 PM
+1
Posted By: hafo Re: RealBand For Mac OS - 06/29/15 06:52 PM
spot on
Posted By: jford Re: RealBand For Mac OS - 06/29/15 07:25 PM
+1
Posted By: Icelander Re: RealBand For Mac OS - 11/13/15 09:54 PM
+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Guitartist Re: RealBand For Mac OS - 01/31/16 01:59 PM
Thank you for that, Jim! I wholeheartedly agree, especially since we Mac users pay the same price without getting RB.

It would be great if the good folks at PGMusic could at least come up with a version of RealBand for Mac even if it doesn't necessarily have all the same features. Some things may not translate well from pc to Mac. The DAW plugin mode works great for me with Logic Pro X, but it would be nice to have a "MacBand" with BIAB integrated into it. Running natively, without having to resort to BootCamp or Parallels.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: RealBand For Mac OS - 01/31/16 07:02 PM
real band in windows just uses the actual band in a box app bbw2.exe to generate all the tracks up so basically they only need to make the daw front end "realband.app" - it will be more stable and reliable than the windows delphi one that is a bugger for crashing. Yes they are paying the same money with less features than windows and no real band.
Posted By: Island Soul Re: RealBand For Mac OS - 02/05/16 04:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Though my computer uses Windows, I've seen Mac users post that RealBand is not available for Mac. I'd like for our Mac mates to have the advantages RealBand offers.

I have a Mac and have never heard of RealBand until I read about it heard, but what I do is just bounce the individual track into Pro Tools and edit them from there. I do understand them most people want the ease of creating a chord progression with in RealBand and having the .WAV files created automatically inside it, but I don't mind that extra step it takes to import them into Pro Tools.
Posted By: zedd Re: RealBand For Mac OS - 08/04/16 03:58 AM
Yes please!!!

I would either like RealBand for Mac, or more features in BIAB to allow me to freeze performances for certain bars and not for others. It's very frustrating to lose a great performance because you decided you wanted to add some new chords or even just to change a single chord.

Doing it the hard way, by exporting several different versions of the song into my favorite DAW and then COMP-ing all the tracks is really a tedious job.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: RealBand For Mac OS - 08/04/16 05:35 AM
"I would either like RealBand for Mac, or more features in BIAB to allow me to freeze performances for certain bars and not for others. It's very frustrating to lose a great performance because you decided you wanted to add some new chords or even just to change a single chord.

Doing it the hard way, by exporting several different versions of the song into my favorite DAW and then COMP-ing all the tracks is really a tedious job."

Spot on, says it all, hope it's heard.
Posted By: doctormidi Re: RealBand For Mac OS - 08/09/16 11:27 AM
+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1
Posted By: Alyssa - PG Music Re: RealBand For Mac OS - 08/25/16 06:49 PM
Thanks Jim, as replied to Pianomann's similar post, we are not presently developing RealBand for Mac. However, the vast demand and continued requests have not gone unnoticed!

Thanks again to all for your suggestion and +1s.
Posted By: DaMikey Re: RealBand For Mac OS - 04/11/19 10:02 AM
+1
Posted By: Island Soul Re: RealBand For Mac OS - 05/06/19 09:16 PM
I don't care if Mac users get a lite version, I want to try it out and see how it works. I may recommend it to people.
Posted By: Island Soul Re: RealBand For Mac OS - 05/06/19 09:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Alyssa - PG Music
Thanks Jim, as replied to Pianomann's similar post, we are not presently developing RealBand for Mac. However, the vast demand and continued requests have not gone unnoticed!

Thanks again to all for your suggestion and +1s.

So that's a no go?
Posted By: Tuneslayer Re: RealBand For Mac OS - 09/04/21 12:48 PM
+1 from me as well
Posted By: Pipeline Re: RealBand For Mac OS - 09/04/21 06:23 PM
With the now DAW Plugin you can have RealBand in your own DAW, this basically works the same way as RealBand.
Are any users here that requested RealBand now using the DAW Plugin ?

Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: RealBand For Mac OS - 03/02/23 05:31 PM
Bump
Posted By: musocity Re: RealBand For Mac OS - 03/08/23 12:34 AM
+1 if it's vastly improved
Quote:
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
..we plan on lots of exciting things for RealBand in the future.

Non Destructive Editing, Generate code contained with RealBand (not needing bbw2), Direct Section Editing like Track Injector.
But how would you release the Mac version at the same time as Win version ?
Maybe RealBand can be the the one translated to JUCE giving a Mac & Linux version also ??
Maybe it's Pie In The Sky frown
Maybe I should give up posting pipeline pipe dreams.
Maybe this is close as you will get (a pic) ? Zoom++
© PG Music Forums