PG Music Home
Posted By: Island Soul Midi to Real Tracks - 12/23/15 04:06 PM
I would like to have a feature where I can import MIDI and have a real track interpret the midi to make the midi sound and fell realistic, while having the real tracks play the exact part for the track, instead of have a real track play in the style that the song is in.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Midi to Real Tracks - 12/26/15 04:50 AM
I saw that here http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=317201#Post317201
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Midi to Real Tracks - 12/26/15 10:34 AM
RealTracks are pre-recorded audio so that's not going to happen. It will only play back from the pre-recorded audio parts. Midi is not audio and therefore not compatible for RealTracks to read, interpret and playback from notation either.

Realistic parts can be made from midi by utilizing good midi files that have proper CC's and a high quality synthesizer module, either internal soft synth or an external module.

Quality midi production can yield very professional, and note perfect renditions. Especially when combined and mixed with Realtracks and/or live tracks.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Midi to Real Tracks - 12/26/15 09:19 PM
Islansoul
Charlie's points are exactly right. You can achieve very satisfactory results with MIDI, but you must have good MIDI equipment, and good MIDI input files to work with.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Midi to Real Tracks - 03/05/16 05:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Islansoul
I would like to have a feature where I can import MIDI and have a real track interpret the midi to make the midi sound and fell realistic, while having the real tracks play the exact part for the track, instead of have a real track play in the style that the song is in.

This comes up so many times and you have talked about this in several different threads coming at it from different directions. You still don't understand what RT's are. What you're asking for already exists. It's called a sampler.

Think of it this way. What is a melody? It's a group of single notes. What plays single notes in midi? A synth or sampler. An RT is an audio file. A sampler is also audio. Samplers have been designed since day one (about 30 years now) to play back single notes from midi. Just buy a good sampler and you have what you're asking for.

What do you think Sampletank is? From the name it's obvious it's a sampler, duh. So is Kontakt, Halion and all the other software sample players. Just one good horn library of sounds for Kontakt costs $300 by itself. Knock yourself out buying all that stuff. To get a full library of admittedly great sounds can cost you about $2,000. Or you can use the RT's and get equally great sound but lose the ability to play exactly what you want. Your choice, it's only money.

RT's are not single notes laid out in a file. Samplers already do that. RT's are full prerecorded phrases not just single notes which is why you cannot trigger a single note in an RT via midi.

I don't know what else to say, people have been trying to explain this to you for about a month now. You have to wrap your head around the concept of what a Real Track is. What we all do to get the exact thing we want is to use a combination of midi, our own playing, snippets of parts like loops and RT's. These are known as song construction tools.

Presumably you play an instrument. Plug it into your computer and record yourself playing some parts you need for a song. Or find a recording of someone else doing it and insert that into your song. Use the RT's for the bed tracks. You can use midi drums on separate tracks along with a Real Drum track to make the overall drum track do what you want as well.

I know what you want and it's the same thing we all want. You have a great song in your head and you want to put on a helmet and have your computer just spit it out sounding studio quality. We're a long ways from that. Right now you get to do it the old fashioned way. Hire the best players in the world to go into a studio and record exactly what you want. Otherwise use the construction tools you have and get to work like the rest of us.

Bob
Posted By: Island Soul Re: Midi to Real Tracks - 06/27/16 02:55 PM
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Originally Posted By: Islansoul

This comes up so many times and you have talked about this in several different threads coming at it from different directions. You still don't understand what RT's are. What you're asking for already exists. It's called a sampler.

Think of it this way. What is a melody? It's a group of single notes. What plays single notes in midi? A synth or sampler. An RT is an audio file. A sampler is also audio. Samplers have been designed since day one (about 30 years now) to play back single notes from midi. Just buy a good sampler and you have what you're asking for.

What do you think Sampletank is? From the name it's obvious it's a sampler, duh. So is Kontakt, Halion and all the other software sample players. Just one good horn library of sounds for Kontakt costs $300 by itself. Knock yourself out buying all that stuff. To get a full library of admittedly great sounds can cost you about $2,000. Or you can use the RT's and get equally great sound but lose the ability to play exactly what you want. Your choice, it's only money.

RT's are not single notes laid out in a file. Samplers already do that. RT's are full prerecorded phrases not just single notes which is why you cannot trigger a single note in an RT via midi.

I don't know what else to say, people have been trying to explain this to you for about a month now. You have to wrap your head around the concept of what a Real Track is. What we all do to get the exact thing we want is to use a combination of midi, our own playing, snippets of parts like loops and RT's. These are known as song construction tools.

Presumably you play an instrument. Plug it into your computer and record yourself playing some parts you need for a song. Or find a recording of someone else doing it and insert that into your song. Use the RT's for the bed tracks. You can use midi drums on separate tracks along with a Real Drum track to make the overall drum track do what you want as well.

I know what you want and it's the same thing we all want. You have a great song in your head and you want to put on a helmet and have your computer just spit it out sounding studio quality. We're a long ways from that. Right now you get to do it the old fashioned way. Hire the best players in the world to go into a studio and record exactly what you want. Otherwise use the construction tools you have and get to work like the rest of us.

Bob

I understand what midi and samplers are. Can you suggest a great sampler for Mac?
© PG Music Forums