PG Music Home
Posted By: Adriano Managing crowns. - 01/24/16 06:29 AM
.Hello i am
Adriano from Salsomaggiore T. Italy, I have purchased in the past Power Track Pro Audio and recently
BB 2016.
Having received no reply earlier and I do not know why I allow myself to get your attention again about a function that should be applied to your many software which I feel greatly missed and I think for so many others.
Have you ever thought about a device like a footswitch to give the start to the songs , for playing a free intro and playing crown during the performances?

With such a device, could you keep your hands on the musical instrumrnt and decide when to give the start.

BB will not restart until it receives input. to the footswitch. In order to have a precise start in same time .
with the othere musicians

Play them with the current BB.or Rb or PT pro Audio ?
It Would be impossible

For example , playing a chord in C you could set in Chord sheet C ../ or C. ../ to stop the song al the beat you decide and next , pressing the footswitch te song immediately wil restart to the next bar.

It would be really fantastic and for big utility

THINK about that, as they say in Italy, it would be una figata.
It is not a joke but in Europe we have a lot of songs with the crowns,
This feature would be really appreciated.
Hai to all
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Managing crowns. - 01/24/16 01:49 PM
Adriano,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your suggestion.

As I understand it your suggestion is for Band-in-a-Box, RealBand and PowerTracks to add a feature that enables a footswitch to both start a song and to pause and restart a song.

+1 The capability to start and pause a song would be useful.
Posted By: rharv Re: Managing crowns. - 01/26/16 10:23 PM
I think RB, and PT can do this. But it takes a bit of set up.
I used to sync PT to an external sequencer, and start/stop that sequencer with a standard on/off footswitch. Both had to be set to send the location data though.
MIDI SPP (song position pointer).

I guess what I'm saying is there is no easy way to connect a pedal to the computer that is capable of sending the start/stop messages. If PT/RB get the message they respond, at least last time I checked.

https://www.midi.org/specifications/item/table-1-summary-of-midi-message
Under system real-time messages Start/Stop is defined, as is continue.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Managing crowns. - 01/27/16 03:46 AM
hope this might help

http://www.ebay.it/itm/USB-Foot-Switch-Footswitch-3-Pedal-Control-for-PC-Computer-Keyboard-Game-Gaming-/281911188011?hash=item41a3375a2b:g:kFAAAOSwqrtWmnyi

Description:

The USB foot switch is an auxiliary equipment that connects with computer. By using special software to specify any key or combination key, you can control the key with foot switch. When you are inconvenient or too busy, you can achieve the function of manual keyboard operation or simulating mouse with foot switch.
Widely used in intelligent control game, instrument control, factory testing, etc. especially fit for the disabled

conductor window in real band and band in a box

Attached picture real band conductor.jpg
Attached picture band conductor.jpg
Posted By: rharv Re: Managing crowns. - 01/27/16 08:43 PM
I forgot last night, but I've also thrown an old keyboard on the floor and just used the space bar with my foot (you can remove other keys as needed).
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Managing crowns. - 01/28/16 01:07 AM
Originally Posted By: rharv
I forgot last night, but I've also thrown an old keyboard on the floor and just used the space bar with my foot (you can remove other keys as needed).

Wow, I got a fright then Bob. As I started to read, I pictured you chucking a Korg or a Casio on the deck. Ahhhh, a computer keyboard. Understood.
Posted By: rharv Re: Managing crowns. - 01/28/16 10:45 PM
We learn how to make things work 'round here.
You say you want to start/stop the song with your foot??
(Puts the computer keyboard on the floor) .. go ahead.
Hey it works!

I figure at about $39.99 it would probably sell as an 'add-on' (maybe with a $20 off coupon and a keyboard included ... plus $19.99 shipping and handling of course).
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Managing crowns. - 10/07/16 03:10 PM
Good points.
© PG Music Forums