PG Music Home
Posted By: cooltouch Set them Windows Free! - 12/08/17 11:19 AM
I'm running the latest edition of RealBand. My DAW has two monitors. What I like to do is position ancillary windows of various stuff on my second monitor, so as to keeep things uncluttered on the primary.

I just tried moving RB's mixer over to my secondary monitor and found out I couldn't. It's imprisoned within the confines of the larger RB window. Why? And then I tried moving the Tracks window. Same difference. It's imprisoned. I haven't tried any of the other windows yet. But I repeat my question. Why?

Set them Windows free, I tell ya! Set them free!
Posted By: jford Re: Set them Windows Free! - 12/08/17 01:06 PM
The sub windows will all be contained in the master RealBand window. Have you tried extending the main window to the second screen, then moving the sub windows over to that new space?
Posted By: cooltouch Re: Set them Windows Free! - 12/08/17 02:11 PM
No, I haven't because I didn't want to chop up the master window. Guess I'll have to if I want to reposition stuff. But it would be nice if I could move things around without having to stretch RB.

You know what having the imprisoned windows reminds me of? Win3.1. Yuck.

Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Set them Windows Free! - 12/08/17 11:51 PM
It's a reasonable request if it can't currently be done outside of the main RealBand screen's real-estate.

+1
Posted By: lambada Re: Set them Windows Free! - 12/09/17 12:29 AM
+1 Peculiar that you can do it in BIAB but not in RealBand. I just accepted it on the previous version, but it is annoying.
Posted By: cooltouch Re: Set them Windows Free! - 12/10/17 04:26 AM
Yeah, it was the fact that I could move BiaB's mixer anywhere I wanted that I just assumed that RealBand had that capability too. It surprised me that I couldn't do the same with RB's mixer.
Posted By: jford Re: Set them Windows Free! - 12/11/17 03:35 PM
As I recall (not in front of my music computer right now), the only thing you can move to the 2nd monitor in RealBand is the VST(i) window.
© PG Music Forums