PG Music Home
Posted By: Warren Keller RealDrums Independent Control - 06/17/18 08:50 PM
Hey guys, while the drum kits are generally very well recorded, it would be wonderful to have independent control over the various microphone inputs. Honestly, I'd be perfectly happy with control over just the kick drum and the snare, with all other drums and cymbals residing on a third track. It's really those two inputs that benefit most from special EQ, effects, and volume control.Thank you!
Posted By: Pipeline Re: RealDrums Independent Control - 06/18/18 06:05 AM
+1

Have a look at UJAM Virtual Drummer https://www.ujam.com/instruments/#drummer-select
they are actual RealDrums recorded from actual playing, with a mixer for each level and will also work from GM midi allowing you to make custom fills, rolls and riffs.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: RealDrums Independent Control - 06/18/18 10:25 AM
+1
Been asked for many times. RealBand might be able to do this with RealDrums if the original drums have been recorded on separate tracks.
Posted By: Blues1952 Re: RealDrums Independent Control - 07/20/18 09:16 AM
I really don't see why we can't have one track for every drum drum / cymbal. It would be a huge improvement on the entire BIAB package.
Posted By: silvertones Re: RealDrums Independent Control - 07/20/18 12:24 PM
They weren't.
Posted By: silvertones Re: RealDrums Independent Control - 07/20/18 12:46 PM
Okay boys.
Go to the folders that have the drum *.wma files. Open one in a daw.At the end are individual drum hits etc. Used for stops and holds. Use these to make a Real Drum track. I did this for kick and snare. Then blend in with the total drum track. I only play live though.
Posted By: CoolBreeze Re: RealDrums Independent Control - 07/27/18 10:13 PM
Originally Posted By: silvertones
Okay boys.
Go to the folders that have the drum *.wma files. Open one in a daw.At the end are individual drum hits etc. Used for stops and holds. Use these to make a Real Drum track. I did this for kick and snare. Then blend in with the total drum track. I only play live though.

This should already be mapped in the system and ready to use with the midi drums.

Why is it not like that now? That would be awesome to have it built-in!
Posted By: rharv Re: RealDrums Independent Control - 07/27/18 11:46 PM
Yeah, I suggested a Sample Player for RD samples long ago.
Hasn't happened yet, but ya never know.
Posted By: silvertones Re: RealDrums Independent Control - 07/28/18 10:47 AM
Rharv and I both asked for this during the first beta testing of Real Drums.The drums had been recorded as a unit.
© PG Music Forums