PG Music Home
Posted By: Island Soul Mac Version - 11/09/18 12:59 PM
I just want a Mac version of Real Band. If you can make a BIAB for Mac, you can make Real Band for Mac. I will gladly pay extra for the 2019 BIAB audiophile if Real Band comes with it.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Mac Version - 11/09/18 05:12 PM
+1. The feature set of RealBand compliments the features of Band-in-a-Box. I agree it would be great for Mac users to have RealBand as a resource.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Mac Version - 11/19/18 04:36 AM
This might be a way here https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=393614#Post393614
Posted By: nonchai Re: Mac Version - 11/26/18 07:02 PM
I don't want any Mac version of RealBand.

I'd much rather PH focus on making BIAB Mac itself do everything it can do and can potentially do - MUCH better.

Specially now we have a ( half-baked iffy ) piano-roll editing.

I like being able to view in lead-sheet portrait mode and don't really want the typical DAW timeline thing.

What would be better imo would be if PG allowed us to add new separate AUDIO and MIDI tracks - probably only 4 audio and 4 midi parts would be fine.

Let us do as much as possible inside BIAB - and then for the rest - be able to export to a DAW.

one thing that would be greatly helpful would be if BIAB supported Ableton Link. Because that would allow us to work on DAW material AND the BIAB arrangement and have both play in Lock-step.

Alternately or better still - provide ReWire functionality for BIAB to be able to pipe in audio and MIDI into a ReWire compatible DAW.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Mac Version - 12/04/18 07:20 AM
BiabVST for Mac should solve the problem.
It uses the Band in a Box app silenty in the background same as RealBand.
© PG Music Forums