PG Music Home
Maybe even half of CCM hits use a "4 on the floor", quasi disco, beat at medium tempos. BIAB is not updating with the times for this genre. I texted w/ Kent from PG music and he stated that BIAB 2019 does not address this genre. He suggested using house styles, but these are only for higher tempos.

Listen to klove.com They have 440 radio stations in the US and are the preeminent Christian broadcaster. BIAB needs more 4 on the floor rhythms at medium tempos.
Hi Ian, can you provide some song title examples of " a "4 on the floor", quasi disco, beat at medium tempos"? I'd like to have a try creating that sound with BIAB.
Originally Posted By: Ian Ferrin
Maybe even half of CCM hits use a "4 on the floor", quasi disco, beat at medium tempos. BIAB is not updating with the times for this genre. I texted w/ Kent from PG music and he stated that BIAB 2019 does not address this genre. He suggested using house styles, but these are only for higher tempos.

Listen to klove.com They have 440 radio stations in the US and are the preeminent Christian broadcaster. BIAB needs more 4 on the floor rhythms at medium tempos.

I'm with Charlie on this one, Ian. I've listened to KLOVE many times but am at a loss as to what you're referring to by "4 on the floor" CCM songs. I've also searched this term on Google and visited some of the links that were provided but still can't identify which CCM songs you are referring to (even after reading Wikipedia's article on this topic)---especially considering your claim that "maybe even half of CCM hits" use this beat. But even more importantly, however, is the fact that you posted your "wish" in the RealBand Wishlist forum instead of in the Band in a Box Wishlist forum. And because you never replied to Charlie's request for some song titles, perhaps you changed your mind about your wish. If that's the case, you probably won't reply to my post either. Nevertheless, if that's not the case, I suggest that you re-post your wish in the proper forum along with some song title examples, as Charlie requested. Thanks!
I also just noticed that there is also a Styles and RealTracks Wishlist forum. So, that would be a good place to post your request as well if not instead of in the BiaB Wishlist forum.
Hi Ian,

I listened to music you've posted to both your SoundClick and SoundCloud websites. Nice selections.

I believe this post was made to the wrong section by mistake. I believe you meant to post in the section immediately below this one which is the Styles and RealTracks Wishlist section +++ HERE +++

May I suggest instead of saying "listen to K-Love" you provide links to a couple of songs played in the style you want PG Music to make more of. Contemporary Christian is a broad genre so examples help.
Ian,

if there is a certain beat you need and you can't find it in any of the real drums, be aware that Real Band comes with a grid style of Midi drum creator. You can find it here:

(from the main menu) EDIT > MIDI > Drum/Patch Map > Drum Grid Editor

If you've ever used FL Studio to create a drum pattern, this grid works nearly the same way. Once you create the pattern and save it with a name, you can load it into a song as follows:

EDIT > MIDI > FILL TRACK WITH MIDI DRUM PATTERN

menu location might be different depending on the version of RB you are using.

Here's a link to an old article explaining how to use it (scroll down to DRUM GRID EDITOR)
https://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_stylemaker1.htm
© PG Music Forums