PG Music Home
In BiaB it is possible to enable multiple instances of the program running parallel, while in RealBand it isn't. But I would need that particularly in RealBand. Having this option would be a huge timesaver for me. Therefore I hereby put it on the RealBand wishlist.

And add to that the ability to copy a section from the one instance and paste it into another. I have come to really dislike how the program, with an SEQ file already resident, will close that SEQ and create a new one if I try to paste a section in. Apparently the program will not allow that. So I have to select the section, save it as a WAV file, import that WAV into my song, and then Real Band converts it back to a SEQ upon saving. That seems to me to be like playing a guitar synthesizer with the sound module set to "Jazz Guitar". If it's already a guitar... you get what I mean? Allow a SEQ section to be pasted into a file that is resident that is already a SEQ.
Originally Posted By: eddie1261

And add to that the ability to copy a section from the one instance and paste it into another. I have come to really dislike how the program, with an SEQ file already resident, will close that SEQ and create a new one if I try to paste a section in. Apparently the program will not allow that. So I have to select the section, save it as a WAV file, import that WAV into my song, and then Real Band converts it back to a SEQ upon saving. That seems to me to be like playing a guitar synthesizer with the sound module set to "Jazz Guitar". If it's already a guitar... you get what I mean? Allow a SEQ section to be pasted into a file that is resident that is already a SEQ.

Hey Eddie,
Are you familiar with RealBand's Scrap feature. It sounds like it's how the program copies and pastes a section like you're needing to do.

Attached picture scrap.jpg
Until that post Charlie, I have never known about anything called Scrap, other than the pile where most of my songs end up....

I'll have to play with how to apply it, but now that I know it's there I can investigate this when the need arises.

That said, wouldn't it be easier to have 2 instances running on 2 screens and just select, drag and drop?
<< wouldn't it be easier to have 2 instances running on 2 screens and just select, drag and drop? >>

Absolutely, especially if you have 2 screens going... and... with RB running 2 instances which at the moment it apparently cant' do...

so... Scraps have been around a long time and hopefully they're your answer until this wish is fulfilled. Good luck.
This idea sounds like it could be useful for some users workflows. We will pass this along to the development team for consideration.
Hey Chantelle,
good to hear!

@eddie: cute +1 sign smile
If you don't want to use the Sandboxie method of running 2 apps you can use PowerTracks

Attached picture RB-PT-Copy.gif
Note that, as in Pipeline's GIF, you should drag the number out of PT or RB .. then you can drag to many different DAWs.

Once you realize the track number trick, dragging from PT/RB to Reaper is simple, and PT to RB etc
Not sure why, but I have much better success at this by simply remembering to drag the track number when going from PT/RB to another DAW.

Also, Pipeline; you can remove that keyboard at the bottom pretty easy, I rarely find a need for it.
Frees up a little real estate and easy enough to put back.
LOL yes, I always had that hidden, BUT when it crashes it asks on the next restart "do you blah blah blah.." and you click YES without thinking.. then Oh No not that's resetting to defaults, then you have to go all through and set it up again cry
I did have a bat file to set to my defaults cry but I have it in RealBand64 folder now.
© PG Music Forums