PG Music Home
I got a call to do a fill in gig for new years last night and of course could not get the whole band on short notice, so the other singer and I used real band tracks that I had been working on for the past week since I got 2010. They worked great with a couple exceptions, I need to work on getting the volume leveled from track to track so having a setting that would normalize the output (not each individual track) would be good and also a way to set up a set list of tunes so that they come up in a predetermined order so I would not have to take my attention away from the crowd and mess with the computer so much between songs.
Quote:

They worked great with a couple exceptions, I need to work on getting the volume leveled from track to track so having a setting that would normalize the output (not each individual track) would be good

You could insert the PGMusic Dynamics Realtime DX plugin, which is the Audio Compressor plugin, onto the AUX buss of the mixer. The preset for Gentle Leveling is a good starting point.

Quote:

and also a way to set up a set list of tunes so that they come up in a predetermined order so I would not have to take my attention away from the crowd and mess with the computer so much between songs.

Check out the Jukebox feature. If you open the Help file and type in "jukebox" and populate the list, there is a set of directions for using it.

Quote:

Action -> Jukebox

The command lets RealBand play a list of songs. A dialog box will pop up that lets you choose which songs to be played.

Happy New Year!

--Mac
Just what I needed, thanks!
Ok so the I fixed the leveling issue, and used the jukebox and everything was going swimmingly until rehearsal last night. When one song finishes and I hit stop on the JB, and kick it to the next song, the next song will start playing toward the end of the file instead of at the beginning. So I have to fiddle with it to get to the begining of the next file.

Note I have deselected random, and selected "stop between songs" I thought it was because some of my files had extra measures at the end, but then I noticed that it would "play" grey measures in the file after the file was over in many of the songs.
Can't figure out what you may be doing wrong at that end, from the description it may be that you should make sure that you do a Rewind (hotkey = W) before hitting play so that the Transport is not still stuck at wherever it rolled to in the last song.

--Mac
I think I got it fixed, I had to find the place to select "automatic rewind" so now when ever there is a stop it automatically returns to the beginning of the file.
OK, I'm still having some issues here.

I'm getting the jukebox open,

I'm getting my set lists entered,

I have selected automatic rewind so that tracks always start at the beginning.

I have selected pause between songs

But, when I advance to the next track it automatically starts to play that song. I would like to be able to move forward and and back through my set list to select songs before I hit play. Sometimes we have to alter our order in mid set. and its a pain to have to make sure that the file doesn't actually start untill you are ready.
© PG Music Forums