PG Music Home
Hi,
I have been using Real Band for multitrack mixing of Mp3 tracks. While doing so I grouped several channels together and routed them to a subgroup. During playback I noticed that if I reduce the channel sliders to 0, there is still signal routed to the subgroup. This means that the routing is defaulted to Pre-fader.

Ideally, I would want this to be selectable and include post-fader routing to the subgroup along with subgroup solo function. In this way I could easily balance all of the channels going to that subgroup by clicking on the subgroup solo button and mixing all of the assigned channels. After doing this for each subgroup, I could balance all of the subgroups while listening to the main output. This insures a perfect mix every time and saves a lot of time in the mixing process.
These functions should be available in the "Mixer" window only.

Thanks and I hope other users can see the benefit in doing this.

Clayman Productions
I just tested this and I'm not finding this to be the case. What I'm finding is that if I reduce the sliders of all tracks to zero that are routed to a specific subgroup, there is no signal routed to that subgroup. Further, there is no signal routed anywhere from those tracks if their track faders are set at zero. Their signal won't go to any aux busses if their own faders are zero and their signal won't be routed to their assigned subgroup bus either. They're both "post fader" from what I'm seeing.

In a situation where the individual track sliders are NOT set at zero and you reduce the SUBGROUP slider to zero, you might still hear audio coming from those tracks if they are using an Aux bus that isn't routed to the same subgroup. But when all aux busses used by those tracks are routed to the same subgroup that the tracks themselves are routed to, then reducing the volume slider of the subgroup to zero will result in no audio being heard from those tracks.

Good suggestion regarding solo buttons for subgroups.

Thanks,
Same as Jeff here
Track volume seems to affect Subgroups as expected

/Solo button on subgroups would be pretty cool as an added benefit for convenience, but not part of the issue as far as I can tell .. subgroups work as expected here (as in POST fader)
//seconded as a good wishlist item
© PG Music Forums