PG Music Home
Posted By: guitarbo Saving VST with a custom Style - 02/11/23 05:51 PM
Can a style I create be saved with my VST choices? I'd like to create styles and save them so they open with my plugins in place.I see some of the new styles open with the sforzando plugin saved in the style. Also noticed when I save my style it doesn't save the realtracks with my custom style..
Posted By: guitarbo Re: Saving VST with a custom Style - 02/11/23 07:04 PM
Well i found how to save my customized style on mac. It's done in the style picker.. bottom left save as... Now my next question is how can I see it in the style picker? I can open from disk but then if I change some things I want to save it's not represented in the style picker to save... Because the style pick don't see the style for some reason.. I did the slow rebuild but it just doesn't pick up my custom style.
Posted By: guitarbo Re: Saving VST with a custom Style - 02/12/23 12:45 PM
Update... I finally had time to sit down and test a bit more.. In the mac version you can edit the style and then go back into the style picker and click the custom button the save style. It save the style and retains the realtracks but it does not save the plugin info. not even the built in sforzando. I see some of the new styles do open with sforzando as default instruments. I'm gonna post that to the beta test forum and hopefully get everything up to speed..
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: Saving VST with a custom Style - 02/13/23 12:08 PM
Originally Posted By: guitarbo
Update... I finally had time to sit down and test a bit more.. In the mac version you can edit the style and then go back into the style picker and click the custom button the save style. It save the style and retains the realtracks but it does not save the plugin info. not even the built in sforzando. I see some of the new styles do open with sforzando as default instruments. I'm gonna post that to the beta test forum and hopefully get everything up to speed..

So who are you, really?
Posted By: guitarbo Re: Saving VST with a custom Style - 02/13/23 08:46 PM
?? Band in a box user for many years. I can send you the list of bugs if ya want them. I'm in touch with Andrew on the beta test group as well. If you can shed light in these issues please do.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Saving VST with a custom Style - 02/15/23 04:41 PM
Quote:
Because the style pick don't see the style for some reason.. I did the slow rebuild but it just doesn't pick up my custom style.

Thanks, I can duplicate that bug. It would be helpful if you could also post this again in the pre-release testing forum.

You can still load in user styles by using Command+U. This is just a standard file-open dialog.

Quote:
Can a style I create be saved with my VST choices? I'd like to create styles and save them so they open with my plugins in place

No, this is currently only possible using the BIAB for Windows StylePicker.
© PG Music Forums