PG Music Home
Posted By: Deadline Printing arrangements - 02/22/23 11:11 PM
Hello, everyone. I am brand new to BIAB, and would like to print out a song arrangement’s labels, like intro, verse, chorus, etc. I can print out the chords, but all the parts are continuous. I just discovered the song form dialogue box and am exploring it, but can anyone point me in the right direction?
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: Printing arrangements - 02/23/23 08:01 PM
Probably best if you select one of the demos. That way, we can select the same one and see exactly what you are seeing.

Please also indicate your MacOS and BIAB version. You'll see that the regulars have edited our Signatures to display this info with every post to eliminate guesswork.

You can also add screen shots to your post when necessary by being in full screen mode and clicking on File Manager below.

When you click on Print, a screen should show up showing the Options. Here is a sample:

Attached picture Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 2.53.17 PM.png
Posted By: Deadline Re: Printing arrangements - 02/24/23 10:26 AM
Hello, again,
I am using a Mac M1 mini, with Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68). BIAB is Band-in-a-Box® for Macintosh Version 2022 (609) 64 bit application - Rosetta mode.

This is what I am looking for.

I have tried the various options in the print dialog box, but still haven't come across something similar. BIAB does so much that trying to get a handle on things can take a while, and I haven't found a particular video tutorial that addresses this particular need.

I will also update my signature with the information.

I appreciate all your help!

Attached picture Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 8.06.37 AM.jpg
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Printing arrangements - 02/24/23 05:32 PM
I don't think you'll be able to get exactly what you want, however you can get close

- For the labels, use Section Text. In the notation window, click the [T] button in the notation window toolbar. Choose -40 (or around there) for the position - this will place the text above the clef. Also, set the bar number and whether you want the label boxed or not.

- If you have some lines that don't have 4 bars you can get it to start a new line. In the chord sheet window, click on the bar that starts a new line and press F5 (bar settings). Then check "Notation start a new line" checkbox. (However, note that each line of notation on the printout is always the same width, so BIAB will expand some bars as necessary)

- In the Print Options dialog, in the "Include" area, uncheck everything except for Chords Treble clef (or autoset clefs). You can preview by clicking Print, and the selecting PDF --> Open in Preview.
Posted By: Deadline Re: Printing arrangements - 02/24/23 11:27 PM
Thanks, Andrew! I will play around with the section text and see what I can do.
© PG Music Forums