PG Music Home
Posted By: caribbeachbum Hard crash when exporting XML - 01/07/24 04:45 PM
Upon clicking the OK button on the Save XML File dialog box, a little bit of XML is output to the destination file and then the program crashes hard. I get the "Update Required..." dialog box from MacOS saying that Band-in-a-Box is not compatible with MacOS 14 or later and needs to be updated.

OS is Sonoma, 14.2.1. BIAB is installed on an external USB drive.

This happens with any score, including a default new score with one chord.

Anybody else see this? Is there a fix?

Some possibly interesting detail from the crash log:

Application Specific Information:
ATSLight: Unimplemented function was used - rdar://105810634
Invalid dylib load. Clients should not load the unversioned libcrypto dylib as it does not have a stable ABI.
Invalid dylib load. Clients should not load the unversioned libssl dylib as it does not have a stable ABI.

Error Formulating Crash Report:
PC register does not match crashing frame (0x0 vs 0x103E706C4)
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: Hard crash when exporting XML - 01/08/24 12:18 AM
Any chance that you didn't name the saved file?

When I Save Special and chose xml, the dialog shows the title as .xml. If I fill in a title such as xx.xml, it saves properly.
Posted By: caribbeachbum Re: Hard crash when exporting XML - 01/08/24 12:54 PM
I just tested this to make sure, but no, fixing the filename has no effect.

I have also been able to create the same error when choosing Chord Sheet Window, Lead Sheet Window, and Notation Window from the Window menu.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Hard crash when exporting XML - 01/08/24 08:30 PM
Which version of Band-in-a-Box do you have? Band-in-a-Box 2023 build 707 is required for full Sonoma compatibility.
https://www.pgmusic.com/support_macintoshupdates.htm#2023707
Posted By: caribbeachbum Re: Hard crash when exporting XML - 01/08/24 08:44 PM
Well that's going to be the answer. To be somewhat fair, I did check for update and get told that my product was up to date. My product is 2022, though, so it turns out I really am not up to date. My apologies for a pointless post.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Hard crash when exporting XML - 01/09/24 07:24 PM
Not a pointless post - thanks for posting. Any features involving Notation would not work on Sonoma with version 2022 or earlier.
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: Hard crash when exporting XML - 01/10/24 07:07 PM
Andrew, is PG Music going to be at NAMM? If so, I'll plan to stop by and say, hello.
© PG Music Forums