PG Music Home
Hello,

BIAB is a powerful tool, but I still struggle to utilize the software during composing, when I would like to test my own ideas quickly and easily. I can't seem to find a way to input the chord voicings I use. I've tried to export a simple four-note MIDI sequence from Logic and get BIAB to find/analyze the chords, but the result is terrible at best. I've tried to use the chord finder also, but the voice leading sounds stiff and unnatural. I would love to be able to put in the chords on a staff, telling the software that THIS is the voicing, this is the top note leading to the top note in the next chord and so on. This way I also would be able to omit certain notes from the chord (ie no 5th or 3rd) to get the "correct" voicing. I understand that BIAB has a style editor, but I'm not sure how I can utilize this to achieve my goal. I'm a guitar player and I use a very economical approach to chord voicings. I do have a keyboard available, but don't play keyboards besides the usual looking-for-new-chord-voicings-and-sounds-search.
Any tips that can point me in the right direction?

Best,
-terje
try www.jguitar.com -chord namer and dictionary etc.
© PG Music Forums