PG Music Home
Posted By: jt3_jon Notation for real tracks? - 05/01/11 03:24 AM
Hello,

Is there notation for real tracks? If not, how can BIAB show me on the keyboard what notes are being played from real tracks in seemingly real time, but not show me notation? Maybe there's a "render mode" that I'm missing? I literarily just opened the program for the first time in over a decade and I'm trying to feel my way through it, but thought this was very odd!

Thanks in advance for the help and reply.
Posted By: John-Luke Re: Notation for real tracks? - 05/02/11 02:30 PM
Hello,
Some Realtracks do have a notation feature. If a track has a RealChart, the track name is green and underlined with a short line. Refer to BIAB 2011 manual, chapter7, pages 178 - 198. Have a look to these pages, that is not waste time.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Notation for real tracks? - 05/02/11 05:02 PM
Yes, most of the RealTracks have notation. We call the notation 'Real Charts'.

If you look in the RealTracks Assign dialog, there is a column that tells you if RealCharts are available for that RealTracks.

Also, the track name will be underlined in green, if a RealChart is present.

Note that alost all of the guitar RealTracks also RealCharts, and this also includes on-screen guitar fretboard display.
Posted By: jt3_jon Re: Notation for real tracks? - 05/02/11 07:35 PM
Quote:

Hello,
Some Realtracks do have a notation feature. If a track has a RealChart, the track name is green and underlined with a short line. Refer to BIAB 2011 manual, chapter7, pages 178 - 198. Have a look to these pages, that is not waste time.

We must have a different manual because those pages dont line up with "Real Charts" (page 70 for me) but of course I'm making my way through it. Theres a lot to cover! :-)

Thanks for the help! Real charts seem very cool, and according to the manual, it looks like you can take those "real charts" and export them as midi files (pg 70)! I actually asked your support team about this via live chat and they said it was not possible to export "real tracks" as midi files, but it seems you can do just that! I could see in your demo video the (s) on the keyboard following the "real soloist" so I thought it MUST be possible to export this as midi info. Glad that didn't dieter me from buying BIAB!

Thanks!
Jon
Posted By: John-Luke Re: Notation for real tracks? - 05/03/11 08:34 AM
I was referring to the 2011 BIAB PDF manual. Take a look to the Table of contents, and you will see that chapter 7 is relative to Realtracks and Realdrums. The exact number of the page depends of the actual version of the manual you get. What version of BIAB are you running ?
© PG Music Forums