PG Music Home
Posted By: Nomi Crashes with BiaB 2011.5 - 08/06/11 09:14 AM
Hi,

for the first time I have, sometimes, crashes with BiaB (it ends without any message or, sometimes, I get the message, that the hard drive was shut down incorrectly).

I am running BiaB Audiophile Edition 2011.5 Build 37 on an iMac (27", 2.8 GHz Core i7, 16 GB 1067 MHz DDR3). Drums and RealTracks are loaded from the original hard drive (very nice now).

Has anybody else similar problems?

Thanks in advance for possible help.

Norbert
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Crashes with BiaB 2011.5 - 08/06/11 03:06 PM
What OSX version?

What is the message that you get? If possible please send the report (when there is a crash there is a message with a button leading to a text file report.
Posted By: Nomi Re: Crashes with BiaB 2011.5 - 08/06/11 05:11 PM
Hi,

thank you for your reply; the version is 10.6.8.

1. First case: the programm ends or shuts down while loading Realtracks., no message, no report to send. Opening the programm again doesn't help, always shuts down after a while. Biab works well after restart of the computer (until the malfunction occurs again – if it occurs).

2. Second case: There is a message in German language: as above: that the hard drive was shut down incorrectly. (However, the disk image of the Biab hard drive is still on the desktop;then: either this doesn't mention anything and Biab still works fine or see 1.) No report to send.

Regards.

Norbert
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Crashes with BiaB 2011.5 - 08/08/11 05:45 AM
It sounds like a hard drive problem. This could be the hard drive, cable, or power.

Have you run a disk utility to check the hard drive for errors?
Is it plugged into the standard Apple USB or to a hub?
Does the cable have 2 ends to plug into 2 USB ports or 1? if there are 2, try pluggin them both in.

If you have another big drive, you could try copying the bb folder to another drive.
Posted By: Nomi Re: Crashes with BiaB 2011.5 - 08/08/11 10:15 AM
Hi,

thanks again for your reply.

1. I have run a disk utility. The Audiophile drive is o.k.

2. I plugged the drive into the standard Apple USB, both ends.

The malfunction occured again.

I have got the impression – I may be wrong – that the problem was the following:

saving a song (tracks unfrozen) with the mixer windows open.

Opening it again Realtracks were loaded (the progress was shown with a black beam right above), then the mixer windows popped up (the Realtracks progress beam got white and started black again in the second half of the beam – I hope, that you understand my „bad“ English, I cant't express it better). Then the programm shut down.

Since I saved the song with the mixer window closed, the malfunction did not occur again.

I will report, if it will occur in the future.

Regards.

Norbert
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Crashes with BiaB 2011.5 - 08/11/11 02:32 AM
>> I will report, if it will occur in the future.

Thanks Norbert. So far we can't duplicate an issue like that (related to having the mixer window open while saving). So perhaps others can let us know if they see a similar issue.
Posted By: polydiatonic Re: Crashes with BiaB 2011.5 - 12/07/11 07:30 AM
I updated to 2011.5 a few days ago. I am experiencing similar crashing problems using my macbook pro. It has crashed 4x in the last 2 days. I've been rebuilding my "favorites" song list in preperation for a gig and periodically the program will crash as I am in the process of changing the number of "choruses" and then "freezing" the tracks. I get an error message from my OS x (10.6.8). Very frustrating, especially as I'm preparing for a gig tomorrow.
Posted By: Nomi Re: Crashes with BiaB 2011.5 - 01/02/12 09:44 AM
Hi,

no crashes since then (Aug 2011);

also no crahes since I updated from Snow leopard to Lion (Dec 2011).

Regards.

Norbert
© PG Music Forums