PG Music Home
Posted By: Benny Real Drums not working! - 08/12/11 03:57 AM
I'm using BIAB 2011.5. When I click play, my drum track turns green, then about halfway in the song generation process, it turns black and goes silent. I'm at a loss. All my tunes that use Jazzterry clark, brushes, are broken! Bummer!
How do I fix this?
Things I've already tried: Bar settings for bar one, clicked clear all bars, clear all RD changes, clear style changes. Double checked to make sure that yes, my drums folder has the jazzterryclark brushes in there. Double checked pan and volume. BTW, other drum feels play just fine.
At a loss.
Help.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Real Drums not working! - 08/12/11 06:07 AM
It sounds like it is not finding the real drums folder that it is looking for. Please give an example of a style that produces the problem.
Posted By: Benny Re: Real Drums not working! - 08/12/11 10:42 PM
well, usually when it can't find the real drums folder, it gives an error. I'm getting no errors on this tune. Here's a link to a video I made of the problem:

I'm not sure if you'll get it, but I'm sending a file to support@pgmusic.com...
THANKS!
Also, I lied, looks like my real tracks jazzterryclark brushes works fine with other songs. It's just this song that I can't get it to work with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J79HiVpl34

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9J79HiVpl34?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted By: Griff Re: Real Drums not working! - 08/12/11 11:21 PM
Hello Benny,
I've had similar problems with that. Turned out it was the driver settings for BB. Check to make sure you have the VST/DXI box checked in drivers. If that doesn't work call BB. They'll set you straight in no time. Good luck!
Griff
PS. Some computers, like mine, aren't real happy with using the VST/DXI setting. But for some reason, mine has come around to accept it's fate. smiles. Hopefully, you'll be just as lucky.
Posted By: Benny Re: Real Drums not working! - 08/12/11 11:30 PM
But I'm on a mac. There's no VST/DXI setting... is there?
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Real Drums not working! - 08/13/11 05:35 AM
>> But I'm on a mac. There's no VST/DXI setting... is there?

Correct, no VST/DXi setting.

The issue with that particular song is likely that the song has somehow been set to a nonexistant (or misspelled ) RealDrums name stored in the song. Press the RealDrums button, then PRefs to see if there is a REalDrums set for the song.
Posted By: matthewwelles Re: Real Drums not working! - 08/20/11 11:58 PM
I am having this same problem since the upgrade. I try using a new style, like 70s Soul, and I get a Drum not found error. When I load BiaB, I get an error message saying NO real Drums found in the Drum folder. There plainly are drums in that folder.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Real Drums not working! - 08/22/11 07:50 PM
Hello,

Quote:

I try using a new style, like 70s Soul, and I get a Drum not found error. When I load BiaB, I get an error message saying NO real Drums found in the Drum folder. There plainly are drums in that folder.

Do none of the RealDrums work, or is it just the new ones that don't? In the RealDrums Picker, do any show up as N/A?
Posted By: matthewwelles Re: Real Drums not working! - 08/22/11 08:31 PM
Hi, thanks for the reply.

It seems like only the new drums. The older Jazz drums, Terry Clarke and Craig Duncan, all work fine.

None show up as N/A. They are physically in the folder. Just not recognized.

Thanks
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Real Drums not working! - 08/22/11 08:49 PM
Hi,

If you open the StylePicker and load in _SOUL70s.STY from the RT122 category, are you missing those drums even though the rest of the RealTracks in that song play?

Does that .STY show an NA under the NA column?

If that's the case, I suggest opening the RealDrums Picker and looking for the specific RealDrums used by that style, which is SOUL70SEV16^. If you DO see it, then try pressing the Rebuild button and see if that fixes the problem. If you DON'T see it, even after trying a rebuild, then you must have installed it to a different folder than your current Drums folder. Try searching your Mac for soul70sev16^ and see where it is...
Posted By: matthewwelles Re: Real Drums not working! - 09/27/11 04:07 PM
Iam still getting the same error. The drums ARE installed in the correct location. I DO see them, both in Finder and in the Picker. I tried Rebuild. NOTHING.

HELP!!!!
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Real Drums not working! - 09/27/11 05:11 PM
When I load BiaB, I get an error message saying NO real Drums found in the Drum folder. There plainly are drums in that folder.

This is the key to the problem. Prefs real drums dialog will show you what folder you are pointing to. Also the msg that you refer to above will tell you the details of where it is looking for your drums folder
© PG Music Forums