PG Music Home
Posted By: rishied Compatibility with Mountain Lion? - 07/28/12 03:11 PM
Any problems running Biab on Mountain Lion?
Posted By: WillM Re: Compatibility with Mountain Lion? - 07/28/12 08:43 PM
Hello,

Band-in-a-Box 2012 has been tested on Mountain Lion and is compatible. Please contact us if you encounter any issues.

Thank you,
Will
Posted By: PhilMol Re: Compatibility with Mountain Lion? - 07/29/12 09:51 AM
So far I had no problems running BB 2012 on 10.8

Gerard
Posted By: Svenne Re: Compatibility with Mountain Lion? - 07/29/12 10:03 AM
no problems here. Airplay is now possible :-)
Remember to check if your midi interface drivers are compatible.
Posted By: Lubomir Re: Compatibility with Mountain Lion? - 07/31/12 01:38 PM
Svenne-what is it : ''Airplay''?
Posted By: Svenne Re: Compatibility with Mountain Lion? - 07/31/12 02:23 PM
http://www.apple.com/itunes/airplay/

But with Mountain Lion you can use with any application...
Posted By: jholman Re: Compatibility with Mountain Lion? - 08/16/12 07:39 PM
I'm finding that BIAB (I'm running the 2012 audiophile version) runs without a hitch in Mountain Lion. However, if you are planning on working on files created in BIAB in Apple's own software, you might want to wait before upgrading. I'm finding that running Logic Pro under Mountain Lion is a nightmare, with the program suddenly becoming unresponsive to any keystroke or mouseclick -- there's a long thread in Apple's support area with other users reporting the same thing, the tracks just keep playing. There are always some problems, for some users, with any update, but this seems pretty extreme. Some users have also reported problems with garageband under Mountain Lion. The upshot is that my customary work flow, exporting BIAB aiff and midi files into Logic, no longer works. It appears that PG may have done a better job of testing its music software under Mountain Lion than Apple did.
Posted By: dsw67 Re: Compatibility with Mountain Lion? - 09/02/12 10:49 PM
Just adding my $.02. I'm running Mountain Lion with BIAB and Logic 9 with no issues...
Posted By: Arlene Re: Compatibility with Mountain Lion? - 04/16/13 08:54 PM
I have an old version of BIAB - version 12 for MAC. I want to upgrade my OS to Mountain Lion. Are there any known issues with this older version of BIAB using OS 10.8?
Posted By: kj Re: Compatibility with Mountain Lion? - 07/20/13 02:24 AM
subscribing to this thread
Hi Arlene,

Band-in-a-Box 12 was written for the old PowerPC Macs, so the last operating system that would support it is Snow Leopard.

Apple dropped support for the PowerPC programs when they made Lion, so it won't work in Mountain Lion either.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: ericdano Re: Compatibility with Mountain Lion? - 07/26/13 05:27 AM
Actually, the last system that would run on PPC Macs was 10.5, or Leopard. They dropped PPC support in Snow Leopard, 10.6 and from there on out all versions of the software only run on Intel Processors.

Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Arlene,

Band-in-a-Box 12 was written for the old PowerPC Macs, so the last operating system that would support it is Snow Leopard.

Apple dropped support for the PowerPC programs when they made Lion, so it won't work in Mountain Lion either.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Hi Eric,

That's correct, but PowerPC programs (like Band-in-a-Box 12) still worked on Intel computers running Snow Leopard. Lion was the first OS to not run PPC applications.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: riff buttons Re: Compatibility with Mountain Lion? - 07/28/13 10:14 PM
I just upgraded my operating system to 10.8.4 from 10.7 this weekend. I am using BIAB 2013 and so far so good. I upgraded the operating system so I could run Logic Pro X. Works great. I have BIAB midi data routed to Logic Pro to use the instruments in Logic while in BIAB. Knock on wood, no problems.
© PG Music Forums