PG Music Home
Posted By: kamaron BIAB streaming to Airport Expres (Airtunes) - 12/23/12 07:55 PM
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to wirelessly stream from BB to my Airport Express (aka Airtunes).
The only way I have found was exporting the song to mp3 or any other sound format and playing it with iTunes.
But this loses lots of features from BB (changing tempo, key, chords guidance, etc)
Haas anybody tried to do it before?
Thanks
kamaron,

Are you talking about Airplay via an Apple TV? Maybe I'm just not understanding what you're trying to do? What is your set up? If you stream to the Airport Express, how do you play the sound - I don't think there is any audio output directly from an Airport Expres is there?

Bruce
kamaron,

Airfoil for Mac by Rogue Amoeba Software may be what you are looking for. They have a free trial to see if it meets your needs.

riff
Did some reading on the Apple site, and there IS an audio output on the Airport Express (sorry for my ignorance, my network is build on an Airport Extreme). The Apple site implies this only works with iTunes. What OS are you using? I am able to play BIAB wirelessly thru my reciever over our network (also see the screen on the big screen TV) using an Apple TV. Let us know exactly what you're trying to do.

Bruce
Just go into 'sound' in system preferences and select Airplay-airport express. That is, assuming that you are using Lion. They did away with Airtunes a while ago and now it's called 'Airplay'. Airplay is used across all Apple devices including iOS iPads and iPhones.

If you are using older technology, then I haven't a clue.

note: the new Airport Express's (I haven't tested previous versions) latency is good enough to use for movies so it should work fine.
I can confirm that Airfoil for Mac by Rogue Amoeba Software will work. I have an audio cable running from my Airport Express out to my home stereo system and after launching Airfoil and BIAB I simply select BIAB as the sound source. Works like a charm.
© PG Music Forums