PG Music Home
Posted By: pglabcomp Gradual tempo changes help needed - 06/20/14 02:51 PM
What is the best technique for handling gradual tempo changes in BinB? (Meaning a ritardando etc over a few bars)

Posted By: solidrock Re: Gradual tempo changes help needed - 06/20/14 09:08 PM
I think you can only change the tempo for the whole bar not each beat using F5. Like bar 1=120 bar 2=110 bar 3=100 bar 4=120
Posted By: pglabcomp Re: Gradual tempo changes help needed - 06/20/14 09:21 PM
Thanks for the help. Twas what I suspected.

So do you folks take pieces needing ritards etc into your DAW and do it there?
Posted By: solidrock Re: Gradual tempo changes help needed - 06/20/14 10:41 PM
You can do it in Realband but until we get RealBand with BIAB on Mac.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Gradual tempo changes help needed - 06/21/14 05:24 PM
Solidrock is correct, it's measure by measure in BIAB. And yes, I take my song into a DAW to do a ritard.

Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Gradual tempo changes help needed - 06/21/14 05:25 PM
Solidrock is correct, it's measure by measure. And yes, I take my song into a DAW to do a ritard.

Hey Solidrock, doesn't Garageband allow you to do a ritard?

Posted By: MGB Re: Gradual tempo changes help needed - 07/05/14 06:42 AM
You can get a little more control of your ritard by creating a series of single beat bars with each bar slightly slower. A little more cumbersome, but more control of tempo change.
Posted By: FLCntryGuy Re: Gradual tempo changes help needed - 03/02/15 09:55 PM
OK All, I know this is an older post, but, I was searching for a possible solution to creating a ritarando. If what I'm about to say was answered, I got tired of reading so many posts requesting the feature.

It's a little cumbersome, but works. When I go to the spot I wanted to start "ritarding" I changed Bar Setting to 1 beat per bar and changed the tempo (I was at 100) to 90, then the next bar repeated changing the bar setting to 1 beat per bar, and then setting tempo to 80, I repeated about 6 more to a final bar, for my song, where I put a hold (like A...).

So, now each beat reduces by 10 BPM.

It worked for me!! I can send a sample of what I did if you want. Not sure if there is a PM mode on this.

Oops, I was using Windows version, but I'd assume it would work for Mac.
© PG Music Forums