PG Music Home
Hi,

Is it possible to load the sessions (.mgu files) with audio, from win BB to the new 2015 Mac BB and have the audio loaded to the audio track?

Thanks regards!

S.P
I haven't go the 2015 version yet but it should do as it has the audio track now:

"Audio Track is added to allow you open an audio file, record audio, or render the song to the Audio Track. The new Audio Edit Window shows a digital waveform of the Audio track."

I uploaded a short SGU and MGU for someone with MacBB2015 to try.
There should be a Sax in the Audio track if you solo it.

WinBBforMacBB-MGU.zip
WinBBforMacBB-SGU.zip
Posted By: MGB Re: Open BB Win Files with audio to BB Mac 2015! - 06/15/15 02:34 AM
Both Windows .MGU and .SGU files opened and played on BIAB 2015 Mac, including the Audio Track. Sax solo played on both and Audio Editor displayed waveform. I solo'd the Audio Track on both with great results. Matched the .WAV files you provided.

Nice solos!

Marc
Thanks for trying Marc, great help !

SR.
Posted By: MGB Re: Open BB Win Files with audio to BB Mac 2015! - 06/15/15 05:07 AM
Happy to be of assistance.
Works just fine here too, but I noticed that panning doesn't work (on the audio track). Is that also the case in the windows version?
Yes you aright, just tried it in windows it doesn't pan either, mono or stereo just the same.
Maybe that has something to do with why UserTracks are in Mono even if they are made in stereo ?
In WinBB the Audio Editor windows only shows as Mono.
Originally Posted By: musicmountain7
Hi,

Is it possible to load the sessions (.mgu files) with audio, from win BB to the new 2015 Mac BB and have the audio loaded to the audio track?

Thanks regards!

S.P

Yes, this is possible. If you have mysong.mgu, and mysong.wav in the same folder then it will automatically load onto the Audio Track in Band-in-a-Box (2015 for Mac). WAV is the default format for both Windows and Mac versions, but the Mac version will also load AIFF files.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Panning audio track doesn't work. - 06/18/15 08:17 AM
Originally Posted By: Svenne
Works just fine here too, but I noticed that panning doesn't work (on the audio track). Is that also the case in the windows version?

It is the same WinBB bug Cerio reported:
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=291764#Post291764
© PG Music Forums