PG Music Home
Posted By: jazzsax v. 103 Bugs - 07/18/15 02:30 PM
I have just downloaded build 103 and have found several problems.

1. F5 key on keyboard does nothing....does not open bar settings. NOTHING
     Bar settings opens from the tools menu OK, but functions do not work.

2. All of my songs with BIAB generated solos-The solo will not shut off, it is on
for the entire song.
    example-Trumpet solo generated by BIAB should be muted from start of song
and come in at second chorus. Instead it plays the entire song go to the F5 key
of course bar settings does not open as stated above
    Going to bar settings in Tools, I mute the trumpet solo in bar 1, re-generate
the song and still trumpet plays in bar 1 and continues for the entire song.
The track has been unfrozen during all of this.

3. I am sure this is in build 103 because I have several backup folders of my
songs and each song with a BIAB generated solo, that solo cannot be turned
off.

4. Reverting to build 102 all is well except the bugs that were “fixed” in 103 are
still there.

I did notice that build 103 has Beta in its title, maybe it is not quite ready.
I was on the phone with PG and they could not duplicate the F5 problem but it most certainly an issue that for me goes away in going back to 102.

Anyone else?
Posted By: PhilMol Re: v. 103 Bugs - 07/21/15 12:01 PM
Check for updates didn't work in Version 101 and does not work in Version 102.
Cannot check this feature in Version 103 though ;-)
Posted By: jazzsax Re: v. 103 Bugs - 07/23/15 03:42 PM
PhilMol, you wrote,

"Check for updates didn't work in Version 101 and does not work in Version 102."

Are you saying that the F5 key does not work in v.101 and 102?

F5 does function for me in 102 after dumping 103 and reverting to 102.
Posted By: JayO Re: v. 103 Bugs - 07/23/15 06:27 PM
I was thinking that the v103 update wasn't showing because it was still considered beta.

It looks like PG changed that today, I see Andrew's original post was edited today (7/23).

I'm curious to see if it shows up with "Check for updates" any time soon (hasn't yet).

I haven't had a chance to run the standalone updater yet, so I may wait and see if it shows up it the update window.

- Jay
Posted By: Gitarman1 Re: v. 103 Bugs - 07/24/15 11:16 PM
I had the same issue as others, check for updates didn't work/didn't see v103, but downloaded and installed 103. Messed everything up, when using bar settings the only thing that showed a box to mute, go back to normal, etc. was for the bass. Everything else was missing a box to make a selection in. Plus, when pushing a chord say by 1/8th or 1/16th, it would play a hold of that chord instead of playing the chord and pushing it. I reverted back to 102 for now.
Posted By: PhilMol Re: v. 103 Bugs - 07/25/15 11:39 AM
@jazzsex I just meant the procedure from within BB: automatic procedure to check whether there is an update on PG's website. I did not check the F5 keystroke.
Posted By: jazzsax Re: v. 103 Bugs - 07/25/15 01:36 PM
Gitarman1,
I too will stay with 102 for awhile. I have 2 live performances this week and 2 more next week. I can't afford any surprises and will have to live with the quirks in 102.
I have never had a version of BIAB that has been this quirky. I must play my whole set list at home to make sure there are no surprises before performing on a gig.
Posted By: JayO Re: v. 103 Bugs - 07/25/15 04:17 PM
Well I risked it and ran the standalone updater to 103.
The F5 key seems to be functioning normally here with 103 (still brings up the bar settings dialog).
I haven't done a whole lot of testing of anything else though.

Jazzsax, maybe when you get a chance to attempt updating again, you could try to trash your old prefs and then try to run the update.

- Jay
© PG Music Forums