PG Music Home
Posted By: micklamm RealStyles - 05/07/16 03:10 AM
Hi

I just downloaded and installed the Band-in-a-Box UltraPlusPAK Upgrade. This is supposed to contain all the RealTracks available for BIAB and should therefore enable me to load all the RealStyles. However, when I click on the Styles button some of the RealStyles are still greyed out. eg: Folk (85 130). Am I right in assuming that this Style uses RealTracks from Packs 85 and 130 and that I might need to download these again and reinstall? Is there a way of checking which RealStyles I actually have installed?

Thanks

Michael
Posted By: babarton Re: RealStyles - 05/07/16 09:49 AM
Michael,

To see what RT's you have installed, go to the "Help" menu in BIAB, then at the bottom of that menu click "What Add Ons Do I Have".

Real Tracks 85 is "85- Rockin' Bass";
130 is "130- Mike LeDonne - More Swingin' Piano & Organ".

Don't know if that helps at all. I'm not sure about the folk style you're referring to - maybe you could post a screen image?

Bruce
Posted By: micklamm Re: RealStyles - 05/08/16 12:58 AM
Bruce

Thanks for that. Much appreciated.

Michael
Posted By: babarton Re: RealStyles - 05/08/16 05:21 AM
You're welcome. It's good to know that something I posted on here was useful to somebody! grin
Posted By: kevinlamb Re: RealStyles - 05/08/16 04:55 PM
What are RealStyles? I see the Bonus disk (for $49) comes with some. I have all of BIAB 2015 and I do not see a RealStyles folder - and if I open my Styles folder I don't see anything special there.
My guess would be that they are new styles that use all RealTracks. But I also don't see a way to find or preview them. I don't think the $49 for the extra disk is worth it to me unless the RealStyles included are something special.
Posted By: babarton Re: RealStyles - 05/09/16 10:01 AM
Yes, real styles are styles made up of all real tracks (without any midi tracks). The 49 bonus disk includes some real tracks that you wouldn't otherwise get. You can see it all listed here: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.bonuspaks_2016.htm

The Real styles and the midi styles are all listed in your Styles folder (in the BIAB application file), and they all show up within the Style selector when running BIAB.
Posted By: jford Re: RealStyles - 05/09/16 11:46 AM
What PGMusic has done is picked a group of RealTracks that generally work pretty well together and bundled those instruments together as a "RealStyle". So, they might take an acoustic guitar RT, an electric guitar RT, a bass RT, and a RealDrum and bundled it as a RealStyle. Of course, you could individually choose each one of those instruments yourself on each of the tracks, and it would sound the same, but this short cuts the process. And of course, you can change any one of the instruments to a different instrument.

The 49-pak bonus disc does have additional RealTracks, which would also be included on additional RealStyles (which may include RTs from the bonus pak, as well as existing RT's). Of course, with RealStyles, you have to be careful in that if you don't have one of the paks with ALL the RTs, you could end up with instrument not found error messages. When that happens, just substitute a different RT for the one that is missing and move along. But it is so much easier when you have all the instruments and those errors don't pop up.
Posted By: kevinlamb Re: RealStyles - 05/10/16 11:27 PM
I understand. But I am not crazy about the RealStyles on it - like the K-Pop and J-Pop demos. And I am not sure the "Top 40" is really much of what is happening with today's music. But I really like the the Randy Kohrs resonator/dobro/slide RT's and the new Joel Robinson fingerpicking RT's there. I am just not sure I would use any of the other stuff. But the Obsessive-Compulsive me cannot stand having some Real Tracks missing in my collection.
For now just spent the $99 to move from BIAB 2015 to 2016. I guess I have the rest of the month to make a decision on the $49 Bonus Pak.

What I really want is for the programmers and "deciders" to listen to the Billboard Top 200 Singles charts for 6 months and then start putting out tracks that can compete with that. Having just discovered the power of Loops tonight I think they are the key to making the Real Tracks success even greater.
© PG Music Forums