PG Music Home
Posted By: jeffgee midi styles - 08/02/16 09:45 PM
Im new to using mac and I have biab for mac.....been usin biab for windows for years and Ive got a bunch of midi styles Ive created on the p.c. and also bought from pg music....my question is: are they compatible? Thanks in advance:)
Posted By: babarton Re: midi styles - 08/03/16 09:18 AM
I don't know for certain, but I would expect that they ARE compatible. I'd just try one, see how it works. BIAB files created in Mac are playable on Windoze and vice versa.

Bruce
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: midi styles - 08/03/16 09:41 AM
Yes, the MIDI styles are compatible.

I write all my MIDI styles on a PC and they transfer to Mac without any problems at all.

Be sure to put them in the styles folder re-boot BiaB, open the style picker dialog, and refresh.

If you have any third party styles (like mine) be sure the ????????.ls3 files are in the data folder

Insights and incites by Notes
Posted By: jeffgee Re: midi styles - 08/03/16 10:19 AM
Thanks for letting me know...I still need to find out how to find the styles folder on my mac shocked
Posted By: babarton Re: midi styles - 08/04/16 09:10 AM
Originally Posted By: jeffgee
Thanks for letting me know...I still need to find out how to find the styles folder on my mac shocked

Open "Finder", select "Applications", then select "Band In A Box". You'll find the styles folder in there.
Posted By: w Re: midi styles - 08/05/16 05:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Notes Norton

Be sure to put them in the styles folder re-boot BiaB, open the style picker dialog, and refresh.

@ Notes Norton

Somewhat hesitate to write this because you have been around as long as I have in using Band in a Box. I've purchased/used a few of your disks.

Just took a look in my Band in a Box's Mac 2016 Styles folder ( 2016 USB hard drive from PG ) and there are no midi files in their Styles folder.

Therefore, somewhat confused by your instructions.

Would you/anyone here please clarify those instructions.

However, it has been hectic here for me trying to keep up with PG's Mac's 2016 updates and special instructions and so i may just need more coffee. Ever grateful to Andrew/PG team for all their efforts.

Posted By: Notes Norton Re: midi styles - 08/06/16 09:03 AM
You need to drag and drop the styles into the folder yourself.

Take the styles from your old BiaB. They should be in the C:\BB folder, they will start with the # character and have an .sty extension. Copy them to removable media like a flash drive.

Then use the flash drive to drag and drop those styles into the Styles folder on your Mac.

The demo songs also start with the # character, but end in .SGU or .MGU (sometimes the U might be replaced with a number if one of the original styles was used). Drag them into the Song folder.

And never hesitate to ask for help. I want you to be able to enjoy what you purchased.

Insights and incites by Notes
© PG Music Forums