PG Music Home
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Generate Vocals Using Sinsy! - 11/23/16 05:45 PM
A new feature added with Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac was the feature to hear Band-in-a-Box® singing, with built-in support for the popular online vocal synth "Sinsy."

Tobin explains this feature within our Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac New Features video, here.

Have you added Sinsy vocals to your Band-in-a-Box® song yet?
Posted By: Icelander Re: Generate Vocals Using Sinsy! - 11/23/16 09:35 PM
Haven't been able to feel confident in the know-how department to use this yet, mainly due to the highly confusing "line-based, bar-based & note-based" definitions (on which saying that proper documentation is quite sparse is very much an understatement). So I always end up doing something I shouldn't and crashing the app smirk
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: Generate Vocals Using Sinsy! - 11/24/16 02:12 PM
Icelander,

Sinsy will work with Note-based lyrics, which can be entered by pressing the [L] button within the Notation toolbar. There is detailed information for this starting on page 210 of the full program manual PDF which can be accessed from the Help menu of the Mac version.

Thanks,
Callie
Posted By: LawTunes Re: Generate Vocals Using Sinsy! - 12/05/16 03:51 PM
I take it this is a Mac-only feature, not available to PC users?
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: Generate Vocals Using Sinsy! - 12/05/16 04:45 PM
This feature is also available in the Windows version smile
Posted By: RichRayer Re: Generate Vocals Using Sinsy! - 02/05/17 01:31 PM
I have added Sinsy to a piece with horrible results. Some of the words are there but a lot of them come out as shh, oot, uh and other wierd sounds. The track is totally unusable.

I have BiaB 2017 and am using RealTracks in a CountryBallad style. I am on a PC running Windows 10 and running BiaB build 458 (the latest build which the support page said fixed this problem).

I have tried changing all the instruments to midi instruments (nor change in quality of Sinsy track), changed words to phoenetic spellings (no change) and tried the Sinsy in English for both Female and Male voices (no change).

Have you got any suggestions.

Rich Rayer
Posted By: w Re: Generate Vocals Using Sinsy! - 02/06/17 12:22 AM
Quote:
Have you added Sinsy vocals to your Band-in-a-Box® song yet?

why does it require an internet connection to generate those vocals ?
© PG Music Forums