PG Music Home
Band-in-a-Box® 12 for Mac was released in June 2004, and was a HUGE update at the time - the program was rebuild so that it would run natively in OS X Jaguar or Panther!

I remember this big release, because it was within weeks of me starting here at PG Music Inc! There were some great additions to the program, including:
-Odd-Time Signature Support. Added support for oddtime signatures like 9/8, 11/8, 13/16, 19/16, etc.
-Count-in Drum patters (instead of just 1-2-1234), including option sto have "a" or "b" drum fills or patterns play for two bars.
-Automatically Transform 4/4 Melody to a Waltz 3/4 ("Strauss-in-a-Box") or transform "waltz" melody to 4/4 ("De-Strauss" the melody)
-Video and Audio Memo support. Add an audio (MP3) or video (QuickTime) memo to your Band-in-a-Box song.
-Mono/Stereo menu options - easily switch all parts to mono or stereo!

...and a lot more! For a more detailed summary of the new features in Version 12, visit www.pgmusic.com/pdfs/bbmac_version_12.pdf

With this 2004 release, we'd also launched MIDI Styles Sets 41, 42, and 43 PLUS 5 volumes of 101 Intros & Guitar Phrases!
Posted By: Icelander Re: #TBT - Band-in-a-Box® 12 for Mac OS X - 08/26/17 12:30 PM
Oh, I vividly remember this one - in fact I still got the HD... around here somewhere, I'm sure (my place is a bit of a mess) laugh
© PG Music Forums