PG Music Home
Posted By: w How do you get these features working... - 10/21/17 03:11 PM
Just as an small example how do you get these features working in Mac BinaB Version 2017-184 ( Audiophile USB drive ):

Conductor Window

Piano Roll

Sequencer

If this has been explained somewhere else please direct me to that explanation or if it is covered in the in app manual please provide me with the pages.

Attached picture Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 12.01.32 PM.png
The image that you attached is from the Windows version. Are you asking why we Mac users do not have those features yet?
Posted By: w Re: How do you get these features working... - 10/21/17 05:00 PM
^

hummm, well when i go " About Band in a Box " ( and it is running right now ) it confirms that i am running the Mac version i referred to in my initial posting. I do not have my iMac set to run Window versions.

Albeit, perhaps Mr Magoo does need glasses--not in this case.

And, perhaps, the PG programmers have updated the Mac version to be in step with Windows ( at what ever version Windows is at these days ) . When I hover the mouse over those features it gives you an idea as what they do but i can't seem to launch them by following the instructions/explanation provided.

I'm not really sure what's going on, Mr. Magoo, but your screen grab seems to be from the Windows version.

I too have the Mac 2017 Build 184 version. If you look at my attached image you will see that there are no buttons for Conductor, Piano Roll, or Sequencer. Those are currently Windows-only features. I don't understand how you could be seeing them in your Mac version.

Attached picture Mac.png
Posted By: w Re: How do you get these features working... - 10/22/17 02:52 AM
Guitartist,

Quote:
I don't understand how you could be seeing them in your Mac version.

The Mac Operating System seems to have an effect on what is showing up.

Just as test when I run Mac BinaBox in Mac OS Lion ( version 10.7.5 ) those " features " ( as I call them for now ) do not show up.

When I run Mac BinaBox in macOS HIGH Sierra ( version 10.13 ) those " features " do show up. MacOS HIGH Sierra is the most recent/current MacOS.

Perhaps some other Mac users running macOS HIGH Sierra or PG Tech could provide us with some information/confirmation.

Attached picture Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 11.58.03 PM.png
Originally Posted By: w
Perhaps some other Mac users running macOS HIGH Sierra or PG Tech could provide us with some information/confirmation.

This is very interesting. I suppose it's possible that these features have been quietly installed in a recent build but not visible and not activated yet? I hope so, because these are some of the few remaining Windows features that would be nice to have on the Mac. And it may be that High Sierra has some new capability that is allowing you to see these dormant features.

I look forward to the PG folks chiming in here.

Quote:

I'm running High Sierra and BIAB 2017 for Mac, version 184 here, and I don't have any of these showing up on my screen. Very interesting for sure!
Posted By: w Re: How do you get these features working... - 10/22/17 02:12 PM
^

Indeed, that is odd.

Have you installed/updated your HIGH Sierra with for example the following:

macOSUpd10.13Supplemental.dmg

macosupdcombo10.12.6.dmg

These are available @

Apple - Support

Posted By: JayO Re: How do you get these features working... - 10/22/17 06:31 PM
Whoa !
W, that is seriously weird !
Just a quick question, did you try installing any alternate themes or skins, or anything like that ?

- Jay
Posted By: w Re: How do you get these features working... - 10/22/17 06:51 PM
^

no however that is a good point/question
Posted By: JayO Re: How do you get these features working... - 10/22/17 09:34 PM
That is really strange !
I even had a quick look in the resources folder inside the BIAB application and couldn't even find any of those icons in there.

I don't know how they ended up on your system, but I don't even have any of those icons present in my installation.
Like I said earlier, seriously weird ! shocked

- Jay
Posted By: w Re: How do you get these features working... - 10/22/17 11:03 PM
^

and where would i find those in my quick look in my resource folder

and have you updated as noted in my post up up up above

macOSUpd10.13Supplemental.dmg

macosupdcombo10.12.6.dmg

These are available @

Apple - Support

because that would be the why Mr Magoo's MacBand in a Box shows those items.

Now, where is PG tech when you need them ?

Attached picture Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 8.00.38 PM.png
Posted By: JayO Re: How do you get these features working... - 10/22/17 11:17 PM
I would look in the MainScreenButtons folder.

The quickest way is to open the "MainScreenButtons" folder in list view.
Then expand all the sub folders with the little black triangles and select the first .bmp file in the list.

Then you can hit the space bar to preview it, and use the down arrow to step through all the images one by one.

That's how I looked here, and it was pretty quick to preview them all that way.
I couldn't find any of those 3 button graphics here on my system.

- Jay
Posted By: w Re: How do you get these features working... - 10/23/17 01:53 AM
^
just as a quick test looked for the conductor window and it is there...

( i used easy find for hunting down that item. Easy Find Version 4.9.3 is free and downloadable/installed from/by the Apple Store )

it seems to me that PG programmers are bound by Apple rules. i can't pin point just exactly when those items showed up. However i do follow the latest Apple information/updates by going to the apple discussion forum and they stress the importance of updating the system. i do know that for example my wife could care less about updating and she completely ignores any and all Apple updates because she does not want to deal with any changes.

Attached picture Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 10.48.54 PM.png
Posted By: JayO Re: How do you get these features working... - 10/23/17 02:08 AM
Well, I just verified that I don't have either of those files here in those folders.

Very strange !
I would probably suggest re-installing just the BIAB app itself, something is funky with your install it seems.

- Jay
If you have installed one of the skin packages it will give you the missing icons as they are from the Win version.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=432704#Post432704

Attached picture MacBB_Skin_Main.png
Attached picture MacBB_Skin_Compact.png
Posted By: w Re: How do you get these features working... - 10/23/17 12:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
If you have installed one of the skin packages it will give you the missing icons as they are from the Win version.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=432704#Post432704

No did not install any skins.

However, If that was the case why would those not show up in the other Mac Operating Systems ?
Look at the file date in your Easy Find pic then look at the date here http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=407585#Post407585
that is the date I modified the small panel icons as the big are still 2016.
Have a look at the small ones in compact view Ctrl+T

Easy Find is great as it finds wildcards *.bmp that normal Finder does not, so I use it all the time.
Posted By: w Re: How do you get these features working... - 10/23/17 03:01 PM
OK, i am truly at a loss as to how those window's features got embedded into the Mac BinaB.

And so decided to re-install the latest Mac Update Build 184.

All those window's features are now gone.

I am very sorry for causing all this commotion and wasting every ones most valuable time trying to help me.
That's alright no problem, at least with the Win skin icons it show Mac users what's missing so hopefully we should get those missing features in the MacBB with the new version !
I could make the sets without those icons but then when they are added to the new MacBB I would have to make a new set, though you could just delete them from the resource folder.
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
... at least with the Win skin icons it show Mac users what's missing so hopefully we should get those missing features in the MacBB with the new version ! ....

That’s funny. Yes, it certainly would be nice but I’m not holding my breath.

I expect that we’ll finally get 64 bit as it won’t run in the next Mac OS without that.
Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran
I expect that we’ll finally get 64 bit as it won’t run in the next Mac OS without that.

Only partly runs on the current OS, it will be very interesting to see if the "missing bits" are fixed in the 2018 edition.
I absolutely wont upgrade my MAC copy unless there is some sort of parity between the versions. I'll upgrade my Windows copy and continue to use with Parallels.
© PG Music Forums