PG Music Home
Posted By: kevinlamb BIAB won't recognize Real Tracks folder - 11/13/17 11:52 PM
I have BIAB 2017 Mac. Running on a 2016 McBook Pro. BIAB is fully is fully installed on a peripheral 7200 RPM G-Tech drive. No BIAB program is installed on my MBookPro's SSD. I have been running BIAB2017 with all of the new RealTracks since release and have been using it with High Sierra with no problems.

But tonight BIAB will not recognize the RealTracks folder. I re-installed the program and the same thing occurs. It does ( I think still recognize the Drums folder). I even went into RealTracks Preferences and navigated to manually select the RealTracks folder.
I look in the RealTracks folder and all of the content is there. I click on one of the instruments and it loads into my iTunes Library and plays.
I hope I do not have to download all of the RealTracks again and install all 227 of them. Last time I did this it took 18 straight hours of work.
Can anyone think of anything I have not tried? Why can't the BIAB application see my RealTracks?!?!?!
Posted By: Pipeline Re: BIAB won't recognize Real Tracks folder - 11/14/17 05:03 AM
Not sure what's happening there, for now you can try creating a symbolic link on the main SSD that points to the G-Tech drive Applications/Band-in-a-Box/RealTracks and set the RealTracks folder to that symlink.
https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/10433/symboliclinker
https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/41493/symlinker

or just copy the contents of the Band-in-a-Box folder less Drums and RealTracks folders to SSD /Applications/Band-in-a-Box
run it, then see if you can point it to the RealTracks and Drums folder on the G-Tech drive.
Hello Kevin,

You definitely don't need to download a bunch of files again, so don't do that. My question is, when you say "BIAB will not recognize the RealTracks folder. I re-installed the program and the same thing occurs." ... what exactly is the thing that is happening? e.g. error message?

Also,

- What happens if you go into the RealTracks Picker, and click the Rebuild/Fix button?

- Do you have Band-in-a-Box located in /Applications/Band-in-a-Box on your external hard drive? Within the Band-in-a-Box folder, do you have Soloists and RealTracks subfolders that are at least a 5 GB in size?
I did wipe all things BIAB off of my drives. According to Support I broke a link that was not fixable -
As I had saved all of my online downloads from Summer when I bought 2017 Mac BIAB I just reinstalled every .dmg file. Program, Styles, Real Tracks, etc. Even without downloading all the Real Track files again it was still an 8 hour process.
I have everything running on a single 7200rpm peripheral drive and all is well.
© PG Music Forums