PG Music Home
Posted By: w more Styles, please - 12/13/17 03:51 PM
My Mac Band in a Box Audiophile 2017 style counter shows 5,478 styles .

Do we really need all those or do we really need to buy more ?

Working with 5 thousand styles is astounding and at times beyond comprehension.
Posted By: CoolBreeze Re: more Styles, please - 12/14/17 08:17 AM
+1, when 5,400 of them are country and jazz, I'd say those styles are pretty much covered! /s

Seriously though, having to wade through 5k+ variations of the same style really makes my day ... yes more alternate styles please.

Don't even mention the filters, when I can count on one hand the results I get when done filtering for taste. Don't get me wrong I am enjoying the current styles, but it's like the OP said astounding and beyond comprehension.
Posted By: w Re: more Styles, please - 12/14/17 03:01 PM

You are correct CoolBreeze. I never thought that of that number of styles i have only about 78 are " other " genre.

Indeed it is fun to play/compose a Latin song selecting/using one of those Western Country twang styles with the demo that uses a Hawaiian guitar .

If i had the talent and temperament i could create my own style since Band in a Box provides the tools and instructions. There may even be a Window Band in a Box video to follow along.

Never the less I'm still puzzled how Band in a Box user can make use of 5thousand plus styles and then also spend more money buying more.

Never the less Band in a Box is still one of favorite music programmes ( speaking Mac of course ). More than often i use it to quickly sketch my musical ideas and compositions.

Posted By: CoolBreeze Re: more Styles, please - 12/14/17 06:47 PM
I don't know, but it does seem fun. I look forward to building up my collection. I'm also looking forward to going through each and every one of them trying to see what I can do with it.

Yeah they may all sound like the same style before, but once I'm done with them, I wouldn't be surprised the box walked out on me. Still it is quickly becoming my favorite on windows.
© PG Music Forums