PG Music Home
I have BiaB 2017 for Mac and am starting to transfer tracks from songs that I written to Logic Pro X for fine tuning. The process seems straight forward, but what file type should I specify when I make the transfer (.wav, .aiff) through the drag and drop?
Logic Pro should accept either AIF or WAV files since the program started as a DAW for both Windows and Mac. Then Apple bought the program; but, that's another story for another day.

Both types of files contain the same audio data. How the audio data is presented differs between the two formats.
Given the fact that I can transfer either format to Logic from BiaB, which format (wav or aiff) would be the best to use for some tweaking to the audio tracks that I transfer to Logic?
It doesn't really matter. My Logic Pro X projects often include both .wav and .aif files within a single project and in my experience either format works well inside Logic.

In fact, in Logic Pro X preferences you can select your audio file format of choice for recording. Although I've dragged both types of files from BIAB into Logic I think that the only reason I sometimes have elected to go with WAVE files is because many years ago I found that, even though I'm on a Mac, I had better luck using this format inside Premiere Pro.

If you want to keep things consistent, you could always just stick with the native .aif format for recording in Logic and also for transferring from BIAB.
Posted By: w Re: Transferring tracks from BiaB to Logic Pro X - 01/17/18 02:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Logic Pro should accept either AIF or WAV files since the program started as a DAW for both Windows and Mac. Then Apple bought the program; but, that's another story for another day.

Both types of files contain the same audio data. How the audio data is presented differs between the two formats.

Now that brings back memories.

Just to bore the Band in a Box crowd here i still have and use on a very old legacy Mac Emagic's Logic Platinum 5.4 for Mac OS X.

Logic Platinum 5.4 for Mac OS X, was the first host program to support Audio Units for musicians and audio producers. Logic Platinum 5.4 for Mac OS X provided a ground-breaking, system-level standard for software instruments and plug-ins.

Please excuse me for butting in with this little bit of history.
You can expand your horizons and use other instruments by exporting tracks as MusicXML. Import the .xml into Logic and have some real fun.
© PG Music Forums