PG Music Home
Posted By: Le vrai Chris Changing rythmic - 02/04/18 12:57 PM
Hi,
I'm encoding the chords of the jazz standard "Comrad Conrad" (Bill Evans) in BiaB for Mac. One of its specificity is that this tune transposes each chorus in the 5th cycle, but also, it alternates each chorus from 4/4 to 3/4, then from 3/4 to 4/4, etc.
My question is: how would it be possible to make this kind of rythmic change in BiaB?
Thanks,
Christophe
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Changing rythmic - 02/04/18 03:08 PM
Hi Christophe,

You will need to start the with a 4/4 style.

With Windows BIAB, this is what I'd do...

1. Right-click on the bar that I want the change to 3/4 to start at and select "Bar Settings". (F5 is the shortcut.)

2. Within bar settings, set the "# beats this bar" to 3.

3. When I want to return to 4/4, I'd right-click on the bar that 4/4 starts at, choose bar settings and set the "# beats this bar" to 4.

I imagine that the process on Mac BIAB is very similar.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: Le vrai Chris Re: Changing rythmic - 02/11/18 02:23 PM
Many thanks Noel (and congratulations for your latest song ;-)

Indeed, it's certainly in the bar setting that I will find the solution. But I've tried as you've explained below, and the result was so strange! It's perhaps because I'm using real track in 4/4.

So I should perhaps also find a way to change not only the rhythmic but also the real track accompaniement for each chorus!?
I'm still trying to find the best solution, and will come back here if I get it.But if you have any idea...

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Christophe
© PG Music Forums