PG Music Home
Prior to purchasing BiaB update to 2017 version for Mac, I had listened through some of the demo Real Tracks sets on the PG web site to see what was being offered. I specifically enjoyed a Real Track in Set 263 (Songwriter's Guitar and Cello Toolkit), which was "Guitar, Electric, BackgroundDreamyPopBalladFillsBrent Ev085", done by Brent Mason. I listened to the associated demo for 'band' and really liked it, hoping to use it as a basis for a song in the chord generating section after I purchased the update.

Upon purchasing the 2017 update, I found the specific Real Track sample in the finder (as listed above) under 'electric guitar', but upon attempting to generate the demo into the chord section, a different song was generated, totally unlike the song that had been demo'ed in the Real Track section on the PG web page from which I'd previously listened.

Am I doing something wrong in my attempt to generate the specific demo that I'd heard or am I unable to generate the correct demo in this way?
Look closely at the two different ways to audition a style within the Style Picker. You should be able to spot them both if you pay attention to the pop-up help text. For it sounds like you may have mistakenly triggered the pre-rendered audio demo audition instead of the alternative option to load the style onto your own chords and audition that.
Actually, I did want to hear and audition the pre-made demo that I had originally found, but in specifying the Brent Mason guitar segment to listen to, a different band demo song was generated into the chord window.
I'm confused.
Sounds like I read your intentions a bit backwards there smirk
As to why your actions didn't give you what you expected/wanted, I cannot say. Please describe your process step by step, so that we are on the same page proper.
EDIT: Ok, I think I've cracked this - That particular instrument belongs to more than one Style!! smile
You must have been auditioning the wrong Style and therefore not hearing the same thing as you expected.
Here's something you can also try...

1. Enter into Realtrack Picker

2. Select the appropriate Realtrack (#2650 in this case and shown as #1 on the image below) - it might be easier to find if you use the filter at the bottom of the window.

3. Click on either the 'Song Demo' button or the 'Style Demo' button. This will show all the styles and song files that contain this particular Realtrack.

4. When the appropriate demo window opens (2a or 2b on the image), select one of the listed items.

5. Press the play button (#3) to hear the demo.

When you click on the song demo, the chords for the MGU file will probably load into BIAB (I'm not sure about this). If they don't, make a note of the song file or style file, exit RT Picker and load the file into BIAB.

Although I have the Windows version of BIAB, I anticipate that this should also be available in the Mac version since Realtracks and Realdrums are the same in both.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture demo listening in realtrack picker.JPG
Originally Posted By: Icelander
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Your ideas are probably solid enough, but none of your intended images showed up so it's hard to say.

Thanks for letting me know, Eddie. I was a bit tired when I replied yesterday. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Noel

Originally Posted By: Icelander
Your ideas are probably solid enough, but none of your intended images showed up so it's hard to say.

Thanks for letting me know, Eddie. I was a bit tired when I replied yesterday. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Ah, and here I have already deleted my post that you're quoting. Oh well, at least this looks the way you intended now and that's the main thing smile

Mind you, your interface is significantly different on your PC front, plus your list of styles there has at least one more style than comes up on our end, so this just may confuse things more than clear them smirk
We'll have to see what the OP makes of all this...
My version of BIAB is 2018 so that might partly explain the difference since this version has not yet been released in Mac format. It's more than possible that the RT has been used in styles that were released in ver. 2018.

That's what I'm figuring too, yup. And the interface difference in this case is just aesthetic as far as I can tell, so...well, hopefully the OP will chime in on whether we've actually been helpful here or not grin
Hey guys,
Thanks for your input. I had surgery last week and am currently getting my "sea legs" back.

I'll hopefully check out your suggestions. Hopefully, since I have the Mac version, the same rules will apply

I'll be in touch.
Hi Noel,
Had a chance to try your suggestions regarding hearing the demo song from the Brent Mason RT (2650). Initially, I was unable to view your .jpeg attachment, but it did open up over time.
I followed your instructions and still no success. A different song was generated to the main song generator window.
I did note that, in the RealTrack picker window, on the left side below the different instruments to assign, after selecting the 2650 RT, I pressed the "band" button and the appropriate song that I'd previously heard played. Upon selecting the "solo" button on the left side, Brent's solo of the preferred song was played. No chords were generated to the main chord window, however. On selecting the "Song Demo" and "Style Demo" buttons as you recommended, a song was generated, but not the one that I had initially desired.
Getting a bit frustrated. Can I get the preferred song in this manner?
It wasn't clear to me from your first post but it sounds like you are trying to obtain the melody that Brent plays when you "Solo" the demo for the Realtrack. Is this correct? If so, please continue reading...

...it is not possible to recreate the melody because Brent's solo is generated from RT2650 by the random selection of audio segments for chord-mapped regions of the audio. BIAB does not offer any user control over what sections of audio are chosen during the generation process.

If you are after the chords used in the backing, the best I can suggest is to search your \bb folder for files that contains 2650. When I did that, I found the following two audio files for 'Solo' and 'Band' (wma format because I run Windows BIAB).

Once you've located the band audio file, it would be possible to load it into Audio Chord Wizard and use the ACW to analyse the chord structure.

AUDIO FILES
Guitar, Electric, Background DreamyPopBalladFillsBrent Ev 085 #2650 band.wma

Guitar, Electric, Background DreamyPopBalladFillsBrent Ev 085 #2650 solo.wma

The above audio files seem to be derived from the below Demo SGU file but I'm not 100% sure of that.

_DRMYPOP Demo - Country Pop with Dreamy Fills.SGU

Regards,
Noel
I suggest the poster record the original band he's hearing, run that through the ACW for key, tempo and chords.

Use that output to create his song with the same style, key, tempo and chords at whatever length desired.

Record the Brent Mason Solo.

Use the recorded solo for the soloist section of his song.

This will closely replicate the song he's hearing and provide the exact same solo. This can be done in BIAB or RB. Easier in RB.
And I still say he should try the simplest thing first, namely look into the Data folder within the Realtracks folder and search there for the _drmypop.m4a and _austin.m4a audio demos.

I bet you anything that one of those two are precisely the thing he's been looking for all along cool
Hi Charlie,
Thanks for your input. How do I record the original demo that I'm hearing from BiaB and how do I re-insert into BiaB to determine how to proceed? I did fid the Brent solo from the original song and have it on my desktop as a .m4a file. How do I reinsert that into the track section from an external location (desktop) into BiaB?
Hi Icelander,
Thanks for your recommendations on obtaining the specific song for which I was wishing make modifications. I did what you had recommended in obtaining the .m4a audio demo files (_drmypop.m4a and _austin.m4a). When played on my desktop, they were not the song that I was looking for. Perhaps there is no specific way to obtain this, at least on the BiaB Mac version.
I'll keep trying.
Originally Posted By: Rockdoc326
Hi Charlie,
Thanks for your input. How do I record the original demo that I'm hearing from BiaB and how do I re-insert into BiaB to determine how to proceed? I did find the Brent solo from the original song and have it on my desktop as a .m4a file. How do I reinsert that into the track section from an external location (desktop) into BiaB?

I have windows 7 OS and it comes with Realtek Sound card. RealTek has the input option of 'Stereo Mix' Stereo mix allows me to record any sound emitted by the computer using the Audio Software Program Audacity. I open Audacity and start recording, select the audio source I want to record and after the recording is complete, I trim the beginning and end. I also Normalize the recording to -3db in Audacity before exporting the song as a WAV file.

I open BIAB and select the ACW button. I am prompted by the program to select an audio file so I select the audio I recorded through the Stereo Mix.

Processing this audio through the ACW will import the chords, tempo and set the correct key in your BIAB session.

Once you have the chord chart, tempo and correct key, you can kill the audio file and generate a new song from the Style the demo was recorded with. You should also be able to generate a new solo in the bars you want to have solo's or fills.

If the solo you are hearing is playing over a number of bars from the demo, you can capture that audio and insert the audio (Audio\import Audio) at the measure you want the solo to start (You will be prompted and can designate the measure and beat to insert the audio ) and it will play correctly for the number of bars you've recorded as long as you have the chord sheet charted to match the chords played.

It is harder to explain and write out than it is to do. Don't be intimidated by the explanation.

If your OS can not record what the computer is playing, you can also hold a small digital recorder in front of speakers to capture the audio. It will not matter that the quality is not very good as long as the quality is good enough for the ACW to accurately decode and analyze it because you will discard the audio and generate your tracks from the Style. You only need the audio for the ACW to analyze the audio.

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
I have windows 7 OS and it comes with Realtek Sound card. RealTek has the input option of 'Stereo Mix' Stereo mix allows me to record any sound emitted by the computer...
Soundflower for the Mac will let you do the same.
I must admit it's been hard o figure out from the written text alone just which particular demo you were after or if you were yet able to obtain a 'physical' file of that demo you liked, so I'll cover both:

The "Solo" demo as heard on the website is HERE

And the "Band" demo as heard on the website is HERE

So now you shouldn't need to jump through any more hoops to actually have an audio file to work with, load into ACW or what have you cool

p.s. I know chances are you got these yourself already but oh well, rather too much than too little, eh.
Actually, despite my efforts, I'd been unable to get to the specific Brent demo for which I was looking. This is it!

I want to use this as a basis to expand the song theme further within the program. To clarify, am I now able to import the band .m4a file into BiaB directly and make modifications to the file and expand the song? Will the import separate the demo into component instruments from the demo and place the individual notes present in the demo in the individual cells on the chord sheet, or am I overestimating what it can do? Am I on the right track or thinking I can do more with this .m4a file than I can really accomplish?

Thanks for getting these files for me! Greatly appreciate it!
I'm afraid a lot of those questions have "No"as the answer, so let's try narrow it down:

You can load it into the separate Audio Chord Wizard application to try establish what chords were used in that particular file. Those chords can then be entered into BBox, regardless of what style you choose, in where you can work on it further like it was any standard BBox song. Chances are high that you will want to use either of the styles that contain the instrument you liked so much, but you can change any of the other instruments as you see fit.
What you can however not do with BBox is isolate any given sound from a group of sounds in an audio file. For that you will need a much more DAW-oriented application than BBox ever presumes to be. And even with many DAWs you'll be hard pressed to find a way to do this, Melodyne might be just the only application that I'm aware of that might crack such a digitally specific task.
But all is not lost, you could still put your own transcribing skills to the test, now that you have the audio file locally to listen to as many times as you like, and try make out the guitar notes by ear yourself. That is the closest you will get to the actual playing in that particular file, for even if you find the exact chords and use the exact same style, BBox is designed to not repeat the actual playback of anything twice unless a track has been 'frozen'.

I hope this clarifies a few things for you a bit better.

p.s. You probably had the file all along and just didn't know about it. Now that we got the correct filename, try do a search in your Realtracks Demos for "2650band.m4a". It should be there wink
Thanks for your help on this topic. I'll try your suggestions and see how it works. As you said, I can always "use my ears" and figure out the chords.

BTW, I listened to some of your tunes on Soundcloud. Excellent! Jazz is some of my favorite music, especially when done well. I'll be back to your site. Noel (also on this forum) has some excellent original music also.

If you get a chance, check out some of my originals on Soundcloud, done in large part with use of BiaB for Mac. Waiting for the 2018 version!

https://soundcloud.com/user-30900286
Thanks for your help on this topic. I'll try your suggestions and see how it works. As you said, I can always "use my ears" and figure out the chords.
Just to stress a significant point, the Audio Chord Wizard will be able to help you with the chords, melodic things are a different story. So in case you are hoping to crack the precise notes/playing of that guitar separately, ACW won't help there beyond giving you the general chords estimation.

BTW, I listened to some of your tunes on Soundcloud.
===
If you get a chance, check out some of my originals...
Oh wow, I did so not see that one coming! Thank you for that vote of confidence crazy

- and I absolutely will be checking your work too, thanks for sharing smile
© PG Music Forums