PG Music Home
Posted By: Island Soul Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/11/18 08:06 AM
Dear Pg Music,

Is it worth getting BIAB 2018 for Mac? Since 2017 I have begun to notice lies about the Mac version. There are stuff you say you added and stuff you didi not add and you tell us about the stuff you did not add that sould have been in it. Also you never give us Real Band and come up with millions of excuses for it. Mt faith in you is lowered as of now.

I will still buy it, but I'll know it won't be as great as the Windows version.
Posted By: Beachboy Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/11/18 08:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Islansoul
Dear Pg Music,

Is it worth getting BIAB 2018 for Mac? Since 2017 I have begun to notice lies about the Mac version. There are stuff you say you added and stuff you didi not add and you tell us about the stuff you did not add that sould have been in it. .....

Well, maybe the way to go, is buy it and if they haven't fixed the existing (2017) faults, which are numerous, then just exercise their 30 day refund policy.

"If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with the purchase you made directly from PG Music Inc., simply contact us within 30 days of your order, and we will refund the purchase price (shipping charges not included) - no questions asked!"
Posted By: Beachboy Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/11/18 08:59 PM
....Also you never give us Real Band and come up with millions of excuses for it. ...

If they can't put a Piano Roll editor in BIAB what chance is there for them having the ability to produce a MAC version of Realband?
Posted By: w Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/12/18 11:01 AM
Dear Pg Music,

Is it worth getting BIAB 2018 for Mac? Since 2017 I have begun to notice lies about the Mac version. There are stuff you say you added and stuff you didi not add and you tell us about the stuff you did not add that sould have been in it. Also you never give us Real Band and come up with millions of excuses for it. Mt faith in you is lowered as of now.

just curious as to why you and several other Mac Bander;s want a Mac version of Real Band when you all have excellent and exclusive Mac DAW's confused

when i combine my composing results of using Mac Band with my DAW's i have no need for a Real Band but then that's my requirements in composing
Posted By: Beachboy Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/12/18 08:20 PM
I'd settle for a "Piano Roll" smile
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/13/18 01:09 PM
)) I'd settle for a "Piano Roll" smile

Beach boy,

The piano roll is done, but didn’t make it into this release. We expect to release it as a free patch to the 2018 release.
Posted By: Beachboy Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/13/18 07:42 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
)) The piano roll is done, but didn’t make it into this release. We expect to release it as a free patch to the 2018 release.

Excellent! Any time frame for this? Will it be before the May discount expires as I would like to see it before I considered upgrading.
Posted By: melahide Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/14/18 08:01 AM
Hi there,

hmm, just a little thing about the "upgrade" that I don't get. PG music offers an "upgrade for UltraPlusPak owners to the 2018 plus pak" for 99 Dollars. "for all the user who does not want a new hard drive" ...

Ahm .. that means ... it´s the download version to "update" the existing hard drive from where I run BIAB 2017? No? Hm?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/14/18 08:26 AM
Hi melahide,

With the Windows version of BIAB, the PlusPak adds all the new items to the previous year's EverythingPak or UltraPlusPak. I've used this many times over the years. It's the most economical way to keep up to date. It's also available as a download.

So, if you have 2017 and you want to make it into 2018, the PlusPak should do the job for you.

If you want to confirm it with PG Music sales staff, Live Chat might be the quickest way. The link is found under Support (at the top of the page).

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: w Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/14/18 11:15 AM
Hi Noel,

Excuse me for asking does the WindowVersion have a Audiophile version ?

Mister Magoo/w
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/14/18 01:41 PM
Originally Posted By: w
Hi Noel,

Excuse me for asking does the WindowVersion have a Audiophile version ?

Mister Magoo/w

Yes, it does.
Posted By: Island Soul Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/14/18 02:39 PM
Originally Posted By: w
Dear Pg Music,

just curious as to why you and several other Mac Bander;s want a Mac version of Real Band when you all have excellent and exclusive Mac DAW's confused

when i combine my composing results of using Mac Band with my DAW's i have no need for a Real Band but then that's my requirements in composing

I want it because it's different from the opther DAWs. It is designed for BIAB in mind. I use BIAB mainly for giging and I want to try out realband and see what it is all about.
Posted By: melahide Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/14/18 03:20 PM
Hi Noel, thank you very much for your help and Information.

Well, I think I‘ll go for it smile
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/14/18 11:25 PM
This needed to be 64 bit. It looks like I'm going to pass.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/14/18 11:44 PM

I want it because it's different from the other DAWs. It is designed for BIAB in mind. I use BIAB mainly for giging and I want to try out realband and see what it is all about.

If you can try and get the PowerTracks sorted out so it's running on your Mac it will give you an idea what RealBand is about http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=423697 as RealBand is just PowerTracks with Biab running in the background.

Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
The piano roll is done, but didn’t make it into this release. We expect to release it as a free patch to the 2018 release.

WOO HOOO ! must be all our nagging smile
Posted By: Andrea Pio Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/15/18 07:45 AM
I have 2016 BiaB, can I skip 2017 or I must download both?
Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/15/18 08:34 AM
Hi Andrea,

Welcome to the forums.

There's a purchase option called "Upgrade from 2016 or earlier" (see the below link). This would do the job for you.

http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: Andrea Pio Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/15/18 10:25 AM
Thank you Noel, I did this, when I choose that it puts automatically both, that's why I have a doubt
Actually it puts this (BUPR-A), and I don't know what it means
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/15/18 10:45 AM
Andrea,

It would be best to have a chat to sales staff. Using Live Chat would be the quickest way.

You can find the Live Chat under the "Support" button at the top of the webpage (it's under 'Contact Support').

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Andrea Pio Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/15/18 10:50 AM
I chat already but nobody replied .
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/15/18 12:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Andrea Pio
I chat already but nobody replied .

That never works for me either and I'm in the same time zone. I have found the staff very helpful on the phone and with email follow-up.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/15/18 04:17 PM
They are in British Columbia, Pacific time zone.
Posted By: Matcham Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/15/18 06:35 PM
So the answer is 'no' to a 64 bit upgrade? No mention of it in the release pitch. If that's the case I'm afraid this is a deal breaker for me given the trajectory of the Mac operating system. I'll cross my fingers for the 2019 release.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/15/18 06:40 PM
Hi Andrea,

It sounds like you added an "Upgrade from 2017" option to your cart. BUPR is the Pro upgrade from 2017, and BUPS is the Pro upgrade from 2016 or earlier. You can remove the BUPR from your account and only order the BUPS.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Island Soul Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/15/18 06:50 PM
One thing I will say after just getting it today and trying it out, I wish the app icon looked different than the 2017. I am confused on which one I'm using.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/15/18 07:37 PM
One thing I will say after just getting it today and trying it out, I wish the app icon looked different than the 2017. I am confused on which one I'm using.

If you right click the Band-in-a-Box.app > Show Package Contents > BBAppIcon.icns Open with Preview > Edit > Colors (edit all sizes and save)

Or right click Band-in-a-Box.app > Get Info, now drag the icon below (or any other icon of your choice) onto the icon in the Get Info window.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcgn7czmoklptue/BBAppIcon.icns?dl=1

Preview (it just has a tint added so different to 2017):

Attached picture BBAppIcon-100.png
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/15/18 09:38 PM
Here's 4 other colors:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bingwoucgr972q0/BBAppIcon-2.zip?dl=1

Attached picture BBAppIcon--1-100.png
Attached picture BBAppIcon--2-100.png
Attached picture BBAppIcon--3-100.png
Attached picture BBAppIcon--4-100.png
Posted By: Peters Garage Re: Buying 2018 BIAB. - 05/17/18 02:55 AM
Same here..... BIAB2018 appears to be a "milking the (cash)cow version"