PG Music Home
Posted By: carneyweb macos 10.14 Mojave - 06/04/18 05:04 PM
Apple today announced that its new Mac operating system (10.14) called Mojave will be available this fall... just a few short months from now.

Although the system requirements weren't announced, most speculate that it will only support 64 bit applications.

Can we get a statement from PG Music as to whether the upgrade that I just bought (which is a 32 bit app) will get an update this fall to make it 64 bit and therefore compatible with the new Apple OS?

Thanks for any info.
Posted By: Nomi Re: macos 10.14 Mojave - 06/05/18 12:22 PM
Hi,

in the German news-feed

https://www.mactechnews.de/news/article/Mojave-Letztes-macOS-mit-32-Bit-Unterstuetzung-169706.html

readers were informed, that Mojave will be the last operating system to support 32-Bit applications.

(See also foto from the WWDC 2018)

One year of last respite?
Posted By: Peters Garage Re: macos 10.14 Mojave - 06/06/18 12:41 PM
Hey,

it's pretty obvious to me, that unless PG Music announces end of life on BIAB for Mac, they will solve the 64 bit issue in time.
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: macos 10.14 Mojave - 06/07/18 03:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Peters Garage
Hey,

it's pretty obvious to me, that unless PG Music announces end of life on BIAB for Mac, they will solve the 64 bit issue in time.

Perhaps. They have had seven years since Apple announced EOL for 32 bit. It was originally scheduled for Yosemite but keeps getting pushed back.

Mohave will have limited support for 32 bit. High Sierra was the last version to support it “without compromise” whatever that means.

I’ll likely download the beta on my test drive today to see what happens. I’m much more interested in what happens with Word 2008 and 2011.
© PG Music Forums