PG Music Home
Hi Biab People.

I have successfully create a .pat file for the Roland FA-08 which works, however there are 2 issues and I am using the most up to date (258) of BIAB 2018 edition.

1. I cannot have all the patches that the FA-08 has in the .pat file as the High Bank Patch Choose dialog is unable to list them all. Any Suggestions?

2. If I choose a high bank patch e.g GRAND XV, why does it not show GRAND XV as the instrument, instead it will only show the MIDI patch variation name. GRAND XV is showing as Acoustic Piano. Now that might be fine for GRAND XV, however something more innocuous like Classic Guitar shows Chiff Lead.
Is there a way round this problem.

by the way any who wants the Roland FA-08 Midi Patch map as a.pat file can email me. It is missing the INIT Tones since they just hog patch name space for the selector. BIAB also ignores some of the entries as it is limited in somewhere.

Come on BIAB lets have that limit issue sorted at the very least.
Suggest you also have a search again feature to find guitar or duplicate patch numbers for different banks.
Hi Ollie,

Can you please send an email with the .PAT file you're referring to attached, so I can look into this next week?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Hi Kent,
Please find herewith a link to the .pat file for the Roland FA-08 without the Axial extensions that I want to add.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gk1pairvviu6z4z/Roland%20FX-08%20Midi%20Patch%20Map.pat?dl=0
Hi Kent,
What is the upshot so far? You can see that the midi patch list is built in line with other .pat files, more importantly ones for Roland devices.
Regards,
Oliver
Hi Ollie,

I can confirm that the mixer is displaying patch names from the General MIDI bank, instead of the higher bank patch name. I'm reporting that right now.

I'm also seeing that only the first 1822 patches are displayed, which I'll also include in my bug report.

Thanks!
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums