PG Music Home
Posted By: w Save song as AIFF AUDIO - 07/20/18 01:14 AM
Although a song can be saved as an AIFF AUDIO in the current folder during the background process it seems as though Mac Band is frozen.

Mac Band is not released until that process has finished.

Why is that PG tech crew ?

Why can't there be a progress bar presented on screen to show the process ?

Attached picture screenJPEG 2018-07-19 at 9.57.44 PM.jpg
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Save song as AIFF AUDIO - 07/20/18 05:00 PM
Hi W,

That's a quick rendering option, so no dialogs appear. When I use it, Band-in-a-Box is unresponsive for a few seconds, and then a message appears at the bottom right, telling me that rendering was successful. This is normal.

If you use the Render Song to Audio File command in the Audio menu instead, you'll get more rendering options, as well as a progress bar.

Thank you
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: w Re: Save song as AIFF AUDIO - 07/21/18 01:13 AM
^

that is much better, thank you Kent.

Small rant here: perhaps Mac Band has too many options doing somewhat the same thing. As i noted originally the " quick " rendering process as you called it does leave the user thinking that the programme has frozen and perhaps one should " force quit ". And so it seems that Mac Band needs some serious house cleaning by the Mac PG programmers.

Attached picture screenJPEG 2018-07-20 at 10.10.55 PM.jpg
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Save song as AIFF AUDIO - 07/27/18 07:10 PM
Hi W,

How long does the quick rendering method take? It only takes a few seconds when I use it, so I can't imagine that what I'm seeing could be mistaken for a crash. If it's taking much longer, this would make more sense though.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums