PG Music Home
Posted By: SaxMarc Bar settings don't seem to work - 07/31/18 09:57 PM
I'm using the latest version on Mac. I'm trying to use Bar Settings (F5) to have the tempo double on the 2nd chorus. So, the intro and the first chorus is 95, then the second chorus is 190, and I want it to stay at 190 for the rest of the tune. But, after I go into Bar Settings to change the tempo to 190 on the first bar of the 2nd chorus (bar 5), it does not change the tempo when it gets to the 2nd chorus. If I go back into Bar Settings, it indicates that the 2nd Chorus is set for the faster tempo, but after I regenerate (nothing is frozen, by the way) it still does not work.

I know I could copy and paste and add bars to do this, but I thought the Bar Settings should be able to do this.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Bar settings don't seem to work - 08/01/18 07:11 PM
Marc,

After the tempo change, when you enter into the second chorus, do the instruments that you are using remain the same?

As I'm sitting here puzzling over your problem, I find myself wondering if autosubstitute of somekind is impacting on the situation. (A change of 90 bpm is large and, if you're using Realtracks, very few of them would be able to accommodate such a change and keep the instrumental integrity intact.)

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Bar settings don't seem to work - 08/01/18 10:28 PM
Hi Marc,

It looks like Bar Settings tempo changes only work when applied to all choruses, not specific choruses, sorry. I'm reporting this now.

In the meantime, if you hit Edit - Song Form - Unfold, that'll convert the song to one long chorus, so you can insert tempo changes wherever you like.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: SaxMarc Re: Bar settings don't seem to work - 08/02/18 03:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Marc,

It looks like Bar Settings tempo changes only work when applied to all choruses, not specific choruses, sorry. I'm reporting this now.

In the meantime, if you hit Edit - Song Form - Unfold, that'll convert the song to one long chorus, so you can insert tempo changes wherever you like.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Kent,
Thank you very much for looking at this. I can certainly do that in the meantime.
Posted By: Jamie_P Re: Bar settings don't seem to work - 08/09/18 07:36 AM
Hi Kent

Related issue? - I apply Bar settings to create one Bar of 2/4 in a 4/4 song, then the following Bar (in 4/4) does not play anything for the first 2 beats of the bar, before returning to normal - I unfolded the song and still no change...

thanks
Jamie
Posted By: jford Re: Bar settings don't seem to work - 08/09/18 03:44 PM
I think Noel came across this on the Windows version at one time. Even though you aren't playing anything on beats 3 and 4, as a workaround until resolved, try putting a chord in that slot anyway and see if the next bar generates sounds. I think you can even put the same chord that appears on beat 1.

Just a thought, and takes about half a second to test out.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Bar settings don't seem to work - 08/09/18 10:11 PM
Hi Jamie,

This is a known issue, Bar Settings time signature changes have never worked smoothly when using RealTracks in the Mac version. We don't have an immediate workaround, other than exporting the tracks to a DAW and cutting two beats out of the measure there, sorry.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums