PG Music Home
Posted By: RyanR How to enter timing for these chords - 09/10/18 05:19 PM
Hi y'all. I can't figure out how to enter syncopated chords. Time signature here is 4/4 but some of the chord changes need to be on 8th notes not quarter notes.

I’ve read the manual (several times) and saw you can use “^” to push a chord and that you can use“.” for a rest and the “..” for a shot. But I've not been able to figure out how to actually notate the following:

8th note 1 - Chord 1 (D/A)
8th note 2 -
8th note 3 -
8th note 4 - Chord 2 (A)

8th note 5 - rest
8th note 6 - Chord 3 (G)
8th note 7 - rest
8th note 8 - Chord 4 (G/D)

I tried to contact PG Music support but they just answered "you can enter 4 chords per measure and told me the other options could be accessed by right-clicking chord settings". Did not help me to figure out how to notate.

Anyway could anyone here help me?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: How to enter timing for these chords - 09/10/18 05:40 PM
Hi Ryan,

Depending on the instruments you've used, the following is possible to get the bar sounding as you've shown it...

D/A ^A,^G |^G/D

The D/A is in the first half of a bar, and ^A,^G are in the second half. The ^G/D is on beat 1 in the following bar and this means that should you want a chord on beat 1 of this next bar, the G/D stops that.

What you are seeking to do is working at the very edge of what can be done with BIAB.

It is possible to 'fake' chords on eighth notes by using two bars of BIAB to represent one bar of music. To do this, it would be necessary to set the song to double the speed so that the two bars play in the same time as a single bar.

With this set up, each 1/4 note in the two bars would act/sound as an eighth note.

I anticipate that you would have better success with this if you were using MIDI instruments rather than Realtracks.

Hope this helps,
Noel
Posted By: RyanR Re: How to enter timing for these chords - 09/12/18 03:40 AM
Hey Noel, thanks a lot! That was actually very helpful.

For some reason I did not think you could use the carat to “push”a note across a measure boundary. So I could not figure out how to get the change on the last 8th note in a measure. But now I know. Much appreciated!

Ryan
© PG Music Forums