PG Music Home
Posted By: GeorgeGJ Installation Issues - 09/16/18 07:36 AM
I have downloaded BIAB and installed the main app but cannot install any of the other parts of BAIB.

When I double click on the dmg files it does not complete the initial verification. I have deleted and downloaded the files and rebooted my mac, same result. The verification seems to be stuck at the same place every time I double click and for all the files I am trying to install (audio_midi_plugins and realtracks).

Any ideas anyone? I have logged this with support but no response as yet.

George.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Installation Issues - 09/17/18 01:38 PM
Hi George and welcome to the forum!

Are you trying to install the Pro PAK, Mega PAK, Ultra PAK or Audiophile? What version of Windows or Mac OS does your computer use? Are you trying to istall downloaded files, from DVDs, USB memory stick or from a USB external hard drive?

What error message are you seeing?
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Installation Issues - 09/17/18 08:53 PM
It sounds like the Mac's Gatekeeper feature is blocking the installations. This is fairly common when installing from downloads.

Gatekeeper options are found in Apple menu > System Preferences… > Security & Privacy > General tab under the header "Allow applications downloaded from:"

Setting this to "Anywhere", then restarting the Mac should do the trick. If not, please let us know which OS you're using, and we'll figure it out.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: GeorgeGJ Re: Installation Issues - 09/18/18 03:22 PM
Pro PAK from downloaded files.

MAC OS High Sierra, no error messages.

Thanks.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Installation Issues - 09/18/18 04:06 PM
Hi George,

What do you have selected under "Allow applications downloaded from:" in your Security & Privacy settings?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: GeorgeGJ Re: Installation Issues - 09/18/18 04:46 PM
Hi I'm running MAS OS High Sierra (10.13.6) and I don't have an option allow from anywhere in the General tab - only App Store or App store and identified developers.

I don't think the install is getting that far, it seems to be failing to mount the dmg file and just dropping out with no error messages.

I've had the gatekeeper kick in before and it gives me the option to enable that installation via the tab you are referring to and I can then go ahead and allow that software to be installed.

This is different, I'm not getting as far as the pkg file contained in the dmg file.

Thanks

George.
Posted By: GeorgeGJ Re: Installation Issues - 09/19/18 04:28 PM
Any updates on this? Getting to think I'm going for the refund.....

I also submitted a support request on Monday and have had zero response.

My first venture into BIAB and less than impressed so far

George.
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: Installation Issues - 09/19/18 04:43 PM
Quote:
Hi I'm running MAS OS High Sierra (10.13.6) and I don't have an option allow from anywhere in the General tab - only App Store or App store and identified developers.

This one is a bit tricky — it's different in High Sierra. I didn't get the usual errors either but, knowing the issue, I was able to get it installed.

Here's one way to do it:

Disable Gatekeeper from the Command Line in OS X
Launch Terminal.app (/Applications/Utilities/) and issue the following command to turn off Gatekeeper (best to copy and paste the commands):

sudo spctl --master-disable

Hit Return and enter your admin password as is required by sudo. Gatekeeper will instantly be disabled.

You can verify this by opening System Preferences/Security & privacy/General

This will be temporary and resets to default after 30 days or a reboot. If you want to close the door manually, use the following command:

sudo spctl --master-enable

Depending on the OS, sudo asks for your Admin password every 5 or 15 minutes.
Posted By: GeorgeGJ Re: Installation Issues - 09/19/18 06:50 PM
Thanks Mike,

Will try this tomorrow

George.
Posted By: GeorgeGJ Re: Installation Issues - 09/20/18 10:16 AM
Hi Mike,

Made changes as you suggested and got the "Anywhere" setting in Security & Privacy, but.......

Still no joy in the installation.

I think thats about as much pissin about with this as I'm prepared to take, so its money back time for me.

I have installed a lot of apps on MAC over the years and this is the first time I have had any issues. Whats really weird is that bandinabox_2018_pro installed no problem.

Anyways, thanks for you help,

Now, how do I et my money back.....

George.
© PG Music Forums