PG Music Home
Posted By: Island Soul Getting Noise with BIAB - 09/17/18 10:02 AM
I'm using BIAB to create a track to perform with and for some odd reason, I keep getting either pink noise or white noise coming from the speakers when I playback the song in BIAB. I don't know what's going on because this rarely happens to me.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Getting Noise with BIAB - 09/17/18 01:40 PM
What program are you using for playback? Does the program have a built-in noise generator?
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Getting Noise with BIAB - 09/17/18 03:30 PM
Is it possible that you have a mic open or some other input device?
Posted By: jford Re: Getting Noise with BIAB - 09/17/18 04:17 PM
Check you cables. And if your equipment supports it, balanced (versus unbalanced) cables go a long way to eliminating noise.

But if it wasn't there before, I would check your cables and connections first. Make sure none are running parallel to any power cables and make sure all your connections are tight. At one time, on my laptop, I was getting noise in the system and found out that the source was the laptop cooling fan that sits under it (and connected via USB) was causing the noise. I moved the connection to a different USB port and the noise went away.

If it's a laptop, I would check to see if the noise is present when running battery versus the power adapter. If it gets quiet on battery, you may have a ground loop that needs addressing.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Getting Noise with BIAB - 09/17/18 05:28 PM
Hi Islansoul,

Which style are you using? If it's a style that uses Amplitube, those bursts of static are likely happening because your copy of Amplitube has't been activated. The style likely has a non-Amplitube equivalent you can use instead, or we could provide an Amplitube serial number if you contact us directly (support@pgmusic.com).

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Getting Noise with BIAB - 09/17/18 07:26 PM
If it isn't that, do you use a wireless mouse?
Posted By: paulpaul Re: Getting Noise with BIAB - 09/19/18 12:47 AM
hello Kent
i have the problem with amplitube,
any style that uses amplitube hisses randomly

in the mixer panel i find the track which is using amplitube and click the plugin option ,the plugin window comes up saying its using amplitube and another window appears saying my 10 day trial has expired with amplitube and then i get the authorization box which logs me into ik multimedia and asks for my serial number which i copy and paste(no spaces at beginning or end) i then get the message "connection error 903"
amplitube has not been a problem until last few days ,ive been using it since 2014.
im using biab everything 2018 version.
any advice please

edit
ive just noticed this thread is for mac users and im on windows,sorry about that
Posted By: Island Soul Re: Getting Noise with BIAB - 09/19/18 10:36 AM
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Islansoul,

Which style are you using? If it's a style that uses Amplitube, those bursts of static are likely happening because your copy of Amplitube has't been activated. The style likely has a non-Amplitube equivalent you can use instead, or we could provide an Amplitube serial number if you contact us directly (support@pgmusic.com).

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Itis the Island Amplitube Sould style.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Getting Noise with BIAB - 09/20/18 10:58 PM
Hi Islansoul,

Exactly, that's it. Please contact us directly so we can provide a serial number.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Getting Noise with BIAB - 09/20/18 11:00 PM
Hi Paul,

Please try activating it by running the IK Multimedia Authorization Manager application directly instead of through Band-in-a-Box.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: paulpaul Re: Getting Noise with BIAB - 09/21/18 04:35 AM
Kent
i tried your suggestion and its still the same.

i tried uninstall and then reinstalled from bb installers folder image 1
which installed into program x 86 ik multimedia amplitube 3 image 2
in the amplitube folder there doesnt seem to be an exe file to open amplitube3

when i try the authorization manager and get onto ik multimedia site my products.
it doesnt show amplitube3 but does show amplitube 3 custom shop so i used that serial to paste into authorization manager .
this maybe wrong but i cant understand why it has been working fine since i originally installed and authorised it and im not sure if AMPLITUBE3 is the same as AMPLITUBE3 CUSTOM SHOP.

my next step is to contact ik media unless PG music can sort me out.
i only mentioned it here because of the original post.
thanks for any advice.

Attached picture bb data installers folder.jpg
Attached picture programsx86 ik multimedia amplitube 3.jpg
Posted By: jford Re: Getting Noise with BIAB - 09/21/18 11:42 AM
Amplitube 3 Free and Amplitube CS (I see both v3 and v4 in my "User Area") are two different products, each with their own serial numbers. I don't have Amplitube 3 Free (because I installed the full Amplitube 3 I purchased), but it is supposed to show up in your work area based on the serial number you register with the authorization manager.

Did you run the IK Authorization Manager and enter the serial number provided by PGMusic? That should activate the serial number and enter it into your work area (based on your login credentials). After doing so, Amplitube 3 Free should be authorized for your computer. and you should be able to use it with no restrictions. And you normally get 8 or 9 authorizations available to you, so you can install on other computers or when you do O/S upgrades...and I've found they occasionally refresh back to max authorizations over time.

You can download the authorization manager from: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/authorizationmanager
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Getting Noise with BIAB - 09/21/18 09:16 PM
Hi Paul,

The Amplitube 3 Custom Shop is the serial you need, but it sounds like the Authorization Manager is having trouble communicating with IK Multimedia's server. This is quite a bit out of my area of expertise, so I'd recommend contacting IK directly. They should be able to get this sorted. smile

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums