PG Music Home
Hi
Not sure if this belongs in the mac or windows section, apologies if this is wrong...

So, I have finally given up on the possibility of the Mac version being 'equal' to the Windows version of BIAB. Particularly Real Band, which I would very much like to use.

So I wondered if anybody has any experience of running BIAB on a Mac with VMware Fusion? If not, it may be a new Windows laptop, which would be a pain.

Cheers
Mark
Mark,

There are several threads concerning running Windows Band-in-a-Box on a Mac so I know it is possible to run Windows BiaB on a Mac; I just do not know enough about Mac hardware or operating systems to suggest a solution. Hopefully someone knowledgeable will soon post an answer. In the mean time, there are some links below you may find useful:

+++ Ways To Run Windows Programs On A Mac +++

+++ Run Windows Programs On A Mac +++

+++ Windows Programs On A Mac +++
Why not BootCamp? It's in the Mac OS Installer and info is readily available.
Hi there

Thanks for the info. I will investigate the previous post more carefully.

As for Boot Camp, it is OK but means you have to restart the Mac into Windows. It is a one or the other at start up choice. The beauty of the Virtual Machine options are that you have both running at the same time and can thus access files between the two etc.

And I can still get access to my Mac email, documents etc.

B Ut it is a better option if there are hardware conflicts such as drivers. It doesnt happen very often in the virtual machine option but it does happen.

Cheers
Mark
I use Parallels to run BIAB for Windows on Macbook, you can move between OSX & WIN
https://www.parallels.com
So do I. Works a treat.

/Björn
Hi
Thanks for that, if it works OK on Parallels I am sure it will work on VMWare Fusion too.
Cheers
Mark
Hi,

I've talked to customers using Band-in-a-Box with Fusion and with Parallels successfully, but sometimes problems have arisen (mostly related to audio drivers) that I just haven't been able to fix.

Bootcamp is pretty much foolproof, and really works as well as running Band-in-a-Box on a normal Windows machine.

I haven't been contacted with customers running into issues with Parallels or Fusion in a while though, so it's very possible that newer versions are more dependable.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Thanks Kent, I will give it a go before I do the Bootcamp thing.

I will post back with how it went in case it helps others

Regards
Mark
Not sure if the new WineBottler 2 is 64 bit ?
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
You can get RealBand for Mac here RealBandMac or REATRAK for short.
It gives you a way to integrate Biab to a powerful do anything DAW, It will import the chords and tracks from BBMac BBWin (BBLin ?) to the DAW REAPER 32/64 Mac Win Lin.

Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Another way of doing things is get the Win app only version by doing a crossgrade, then create a WineBottler or with it WinOnX64

With BootCamp you need a WinOS or ReactOS and you can't use your Mac at the same time so you might as well just have an old Win PC. I do it the other way round, I have the main Win PC then Mac on an old Intel WinPC.
Winebottler v2.0 is available for download but is still in development. Winebottler v1.86 is the latest stable release. The developer's website is +++ HERE +++ for more details.
I've used Winebottler in the past, to run a utility for making wavetables for my Waldorf Blofeld synth, and it was very impressive, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if RealBand works very well with it (audio and MIDI driver issues seem likely). If someone does get it to work, I'd love to hear about it though.

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums