PG Music Home
Posted By: Wammer Render to Audio failed - 11/04/18 05:52 PM
Ive just set up a new song, and it’s sounding pretty good...
I now need to export the track as an audio file, and with previous songs, render to audio has worked very well. However, with this latest track, after the green progress bar has completed its task, I’m getting a yellow text message telling me that render to audio has failed. I’ve checked everything as best I can, quit BB and relaunched.
I have no clue as to what the problem is, or how so sort it out.
Any clues greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Geoff
Posted By: Wammer Render to Audio failed (continued) - 11/04/18 07:35 PM
I submitted a post yesterday after getting “rendering failed” notices after each attempt. However, when I tried again this morning, I got a “rendering successful” notice. But when I tried it again, the “rendering failed” notice was back. I have no idea how that can happen, so if there’s a cluey BB Mac person out there, I could really use some help.
Thanks,
Geoff
Posted By: w Re: Render to Audio failed - 11/04/18 10:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Wammer
Ive just set up a new song, and it’s sounding pretty good...
I now need to export the track as an audio file, and with previous songs, render to audio has worked very well. However, with this latest track, after the green progress bar has completed its task, I’m getting a yellow text message telling me that render to audio has failed. I’ve checked everything as best I can, quit BB and relaunched.
I have no clue as to what the problem is, or how so sort it out.
Any clues greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Geoff

Well that problem is certainly a pain in the studio .

What version of Mac Band in a Box are you working with ?

What Mac OS ?

When you say you need to export " the track " how many tracks does your song have and which track are you exporting ?

Could you provide screen shots of your selection of the " track " you want to render to audio ?

Incidentally, have you tried asking PG tech crew ?
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Render to Audio failed - 11/06/18 08:40 PM
Hi Wammer,

I've just replicated the issue, and it looks like we have a bug. If I render a song to AIFF, I can't render again until I close and re-open Band-in-a-Box. I'm reporting the issue now, and I'll update you if I find an immediate fix.

In the meantime, restarting BIAB does seem to do the trick.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: w Re: Render to Audio failed - 11/07/18 01:55 AM
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Wammer,

I've just replicated the issue, and it looks like we have a bug. If I render a song to AIFF, I can't render again until I close and re-open Band-in-a-Box. I'm reporting the issue now, and I'll update you if I find an immediate fix.

In the meantime, restarting BIAB does seem to do the trick.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

That has not been my experience .

I can render a song to AIFF and when I try to render that song again to AIFF it ask me if i want to overright the previous AIFF file.

While that song is open/running i can render it to .wav .

Each rendering was successful.

I don't need to close then open Mac Band .

macos high sierra 10.13.6

Anyway, go figure why I am not having that problem, now i feel left out . smile
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Render to Audio failed - 11/09/18 12:27 AM
Wammer,

Which version of Mac OS are you using? This issue isn't happening on all of our machines, so we should figure out what your computer has in common with mine.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums