PG Music Home
Posted By: mrgeeze BIAB 2019 for Mac and VST plugins - 12/03/18 09:01 AM
I just upgraded my PC version of BIAB for 2019.
I noticed the VST plugin for DAW's.
Looks great!

My DAW of choice is Logic Pro.

Just wondering whether the 2019 Mac version will have this capability for Logic Pro.

That might convert me over to full time MAC.
Posted By: babarton Re: BIAB 2019 for Mac and VST plugins - 12/03/18 10:44 AM
PG Music is pretty steadfast in never telling what features will or will not be included in new versions, so I think us BIAB Mac and Logic users can only hope. I agree, sounds like a really, really, really cool feature!

Bruce
Posted By: mrgeeze Re: BIAB 2019 for Mac and VST plugins - 12/03/18 11:11 AM
tks,
any idea when 2019 Mac will be out?
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: BIAB 2019 for Mac and VST plugins - 12/03/18 11:47 PM
In past years the Windows release is on or around December 1 and the Mac release follows about six months later on or around June 1.
Posted By: JayO Re: BIAB 2019 for Mac and VST plugins - 12/04/18 07:27 PM
Whoa !!
Just watched the video for the 2019 Windows VST plug-in.
That is way beyond cool !!

Hopefully the Mac version gets something along those lines too.

Fingers crossed.

- Jay
Posted By: Pipeline Re: BIAB 2019 for Mac and VST plugins - 12/04/18 09:06 PM
I want to thank you Mac guys because Mac was forcing 64 bit we got 64 bit Windows version ! Yes I think you will get the BiabVST/AU as this is a better option than porting over RealBand. We will get the VST working good on Win and get the bugs sorted out so when you get it on Mac it should be awesome.
Posted By: Brookes Re: BIAB 2019 for Mac and VST plugins - 12/06/18 02:58 PM
Very excited! BIAB will now become “cool” for the younger users, and us older ones too of course ...because of the DAW plugin! Thankyou, it’s brilliant, shame we have too wait six months...
Posted By: nonchai Re: BIAB 2019 for Mac and VST plugins - 12/06/18 11:16 PM
its a disingenuous con.

The new thing in BIAB Windows 2019 isn't a VST plugin in the sense we might expect at all.

This "plugin" doesnt pipe BIAB MIDI into the DAW HOST to play back VIs in the host.
NOR dos it pipe ANY audio into the DAW host audio pipeline.

Its merely a shell app written inside a VST - no MIDI or audio output. All it can do is obtain the tempo from the host. And maybe song position pointer info.... maybe... and save the BIAB song info as VST saved-state data inside the DAW project file.

And if one drags MIDI or audio tracks from the VST into a DAW track and changes something in the BIAB song and regenerates..
.... ONE HAS TO DRAG ALL THE REGENERATED TRACKS BACK INTO THE DAW ALL OVER AGAIN FROM ThE PLUGN WINDOW ...

What a wonderful waste of time.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: BIAB 2019 for Mac and VST plugins - 12/06/18 11:43 PM
Yes all those things you say are true and it needs to be fixed so it works how it should.
It needs to sync play/loop/stop the local files after they are generated.
An even better and faster way would be for bbw4.exe to sync play the track/s in RAM sending audio to the vst then when the track or multiriff section sounds good you drag it in to the DAW track.
Posted By: jcspro40 Re: BIAB 2019 for Mac and VST plugins - 12/07/18 05:30 AM
PG Music ALWAYS release half assed parts every year, why are folks still so surprised? It seems like it is always the "new features", and it will take 4 to 8 months to get it to partly work. Then next year it will work, they will add on one little addition, and announce it like it is the wheel you can not live without.....they have always played this game,even in the good 'ol Midi-Only days.

But at this point I don't mind, BiaB a working sketch pad with great sounding muso's doing my bidding and/or braking my writers block! LOL!
Posted By: Brookes Re: BIAB 2019 for Mac and VST plugins - 12/07/18 06:39 PM
Ok, then Real Band for Mac ? Not so fussed about vst for Logic now after reading these posts.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: BIAB 2019 for Mac and VST plugins - 12/07/18 06:55 PM
I think you're going to see a lot of changes happening soon with the VST/AU so I would hang in there for now.
You can try RealBand on Mac with Parallels, WinOnX64, PlayOnMac, WineBottler...
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: BIAB 2019 for Mac and VST plugins - 12/09/18 03:23 AM
Quote:
Not so fussed about vst for Logic now after reading these posts.

I'm surprised that no one has brought this up: No Apple product, including Logic, supports VSTs (a Steinberg protocol), only AU.

BIAB for Mac does support VSTs but not 64 bit, only 32 bit and 32/64.

You need JBridge for Mac to allow 64 bit VSTs to work in BIAB for the Mac. There are other threads on this.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: BIAB 2019 for Mac and VST plugins - 12/09/18 03:43 AM
I had VST working in Logic with MiniHost
I think BlueCat's Patchwork did it also.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4ga47fbs91dena/MH_1.5.7.dmg?dl=1

Attached File
Logic_RC_VST.png  (120 downloads)
Attached picture Logic_MenuEverywhere.png
Posted By: w Re: BIAB 2019 for Mac and VST plugins - 12/09/18 08:28 PM
On occasion I use Metro 7 as it can use both AU and VST technology . Has anyone here used Metro ?

Here is the information/details about this Mac/Windows application

http://sagantech.com/products/metro7.htm
© PG Music Forums