PG Music Home
Posted By: redmoss Problems with Mojave 10.14.1? - 12/06/18 01:37 PM
Since updating my MacBook to Mojave 10.14.1 I have been getting this message "BAIB is not optimised for you Mac and needs to be updated". I believe this is because Mac has moved over to 64 bit and won't be supporting 32 bit app any more??

Any ideas? Is BAIB solving this?
Posted By: jacko_karel Re: Problems with Mojave 10.14.1? - 12/07/18 04:16 AM
I have the same problem
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Problems with Mojave 10.14.1? - 12/07/18 06:39 PM
Hi,

This is a warning that appears the first time you run any 32-bit program in Mojave. It should only appear once, and the the program should still work normally. Macs definitely still support 32-bit applications, though they are planning on dropping 64-bit support in the next OS.

Is Band-in-a-Box not working properly after that message goes away? If so, that would be a separate issue, and possibly unrelated to that message. Please let us know what's going wrong in as much detail as possible, and which version of BIAB you're running, and I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Bill Shafer Re: Problems with Mojave 10.14.1? - 05/26/19 11:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi,

This is a warning that appears the first time you run any 32-bit program in Mojave. It should only appear once, and the the program should still work normally. Macs definitely still support 32-bit applications, though they are planning on dropping 64-bit support in the next OS.

Is Band-in-a-Box not working properly after that message goes away? If so, that would be a separate issue, and possibly unrelated to that message. Please let us know what's going wrong in as much detail as possible, and which version of BIAB you're running, and I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Is there an ETA on when you'll have the 64-bit BIAB ready to release?
© PG Music Forums