PG Music Home
Posted By: tommytwang Audio won't record on Mac - 01/28/19 06:44 PM
Hi-

I've been trying to record my guitar over top of a song I've written. Challenge is that the Audio Options and Test Recording via the VU meter don't show any input from my guitar. It recognizes my usb mixer, Fractal AX FX USB and internal microphone. All inputs show normal levels on the Mac OS window that opens up but nothing on the VU's. When I play a song the VU Output shows normally.

Just doesn't record anything on the audio track. Have tried both 2017 and a new install of 2018 with still the same "non results."

Anybody have any tips? I put i n a call to Tech Support but have not heard back yet. (Just a few hours ago though, so not spun up yet :-)

Thanks-
Tom
Posted By: w Re: Audio won't record on Mac - 01/29/19 03:52 AM
Originally Posted By: tommytwang
Hi-

I've been trying to record my guitar over top of a song I've written. Challenge is that the Audio Options and Test Recording via the VU meter don't show any input from my guitar. It recognizes my usb mixer, Fractal AX FX USB and internal microphone. All inputs show normal levels on the Mac OS window that opens up but nothing on the VU's. When I play a song the VU Output shows normally.

Just doesn't record anything on the audio track. Have tried both 2017 and a new install of 2018 with still the same "non results."

Anybody have any tips? I put i n a call to Tech Support but have not heard back yet. (Just a few hours ago though, so not spun up yet :-)

Thanks-

Tom

For starters, Welcome to the forums .

Also, have you set up your Sound Input and Output ?

Hope i've understood your question/problem although others more skilled than I will be along shortly .

Attached picture Sshot 2019-01-28 at 11.44.22 PM.png
Attached picture Sshot 2019-01-28 at 11.55.19 PM.png
Posted By: babarton Re: Audio won't record on Mac - 01/29/19 09:23 AM
tommytwang,

Can you record in Garageband? If so, would suspect as w did that this has to do with your audio setup in BIAB.

Bruce
Posted By: tommytwang Re: Audio won't record on Mac - 01/30/19 02:23 PM
Thanks Folks-

I've set everything up in BIAB. It sees me audio interfaces and the "set recording levels" dialog shows input on all fronts. The VU Output works but not the input.

I'm able to record in all of my other audio programs with no proble, including Studio One.

Stumped :-(

Tom
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Audio won't record on Mac - 01/31/19 12:06 AM
Hi Tom,

Can you call our tech support line tomorrow and ask for me? I'll be available 11AM-5PM PST, the number is 1-866-983-2474. I should be able to get this working pretty quickly. smile

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: tommytwang Re: Audio won't record on Mac - 02/01/19 03:50 PM
Hi Kent- couldn't call yesterday but am in studio now. Are available today?
Posted By: tommytwang Re: Audio won't record on Mac - 02/01/19 05:46 PM
Solved: Thanks Kent.

If you are using a multi track usb device BIAB is looking for Channels 1-2. Can't see anything else. So make sure whatever you're trying to record is Ch 1 or 2.
Posted By: babarton Re: Audio won't record on Mac - 02/03/19 11:08 AM
Thanks for posting the solution - I was not aware of that, and expect there are others who were not, either.
© PG Music Forums