PG Music Home
Andrew - PG Music announced @ #535005 - 05/01/19 01:49 PM that an update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018

why did my Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 not notify me regarding this update since I have it set to check for updates on a daily basis ( at startup ) ?

now that i am aware of the update my Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 does not download the update ?

am i the only one with this problem or is there something wrong with the way I am checking for updates ?
It doesn't automatically download a new build until a few days after it's release. This is intentional.
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
It doesn't automatically download a new build until a few days after it's release. This is intentional.

OK, that's good to know .

I just ( FRI, MAY 10, 2019 ) ran Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 and the " update " was installed .

When I launched the " updated " version there was this message regarding the application as not optimized for my Mac .

Mymacos is high sierra 10.13.6 .

Should I be updating my mac os ?

Attached picture Sshot 2019-05-10 at 12.36.40 PM.png
That notification is just a reminder that BIAB is a 32bit application, which will not be supported in a future version of OSX. It is displayed the first time you start a 32 bit app (since last restart of your Mac). You can safely disregard it, and wait for a 64bit version BIAB 2019 which we all hope will come real soon now ...

/Björn
Originally Posted By: Bjorn Beskow
That notification is just a reminder that BIAB is a 32bit application, which will not be supported in a future version of OSX. It is displayed the first time you start a 32 bit app (since last restart of your Mac). You can safely disregard it...

It should only display after an OS upgrade. Once on High Sierra; once again in Mojave.

If it's displaying after a restart, that's not right.
I purchased BiaB 2018 for the Mac yesterday and got this message. It went away and I have not seen it since, and everything seems to work fine.

Someone posted that there should be a 2019 64 bit Mac version appearing soon. Would this be a free upgrade as I have only just purchased the 2018 version.

Tigz
Tigz,

That warning message will only display once for any given program or app. You will see it again for BIAB if there is an OS update.

As far as the "free upgrade", I think PG Music's general policy would be "NO". I think they still offer a 30-day full refund policy, so if the 2019 version was released within 30 days of your purchase, you could probably "refund" the 2018 version and purchase the 2019 version. However, they don't announce in advance when the 2019 version will be released, so you're at risk that this could be beyond your 30 day window. I would really encourage you to contact someone in sales with PG Music about this. Or else, I might suggest to play with this version for a few weeks, then return it for a refund, and wait for the 2019 version to release.

good luck

Bruce
Thanks Bruce, I am impressed enough with the Pro version to consider upgrading to the MegaPak. I will hang fire on doing this until the 2019 version lands, it will probably save on an additional upgrade fee.

Tigz
Quote:
As far as the "free upgrade", I think PG Music's general policy would be "NO". I think they still offer a 30-day full refund policy, so if the 2019 version was released within 30 days of your purchase...

That's really for the Sales dept. at PG Music to decide. Best to contact them directly when the next version is released.

I have firsthand experience with this very issue and how it was resolved is not something I will post publicly.
Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran

That's really for the Sales dept. at PG Music to decide. Best to contact them directly when the next version is released.

I agree with Mike - would definitely contact sales. I've had nothing but good experience with the sales and support people with PG Music. They will deal fairly with you.
The 2019 upgrade might come out tomorrow, or maybe in December. So I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to MegaPak now.

Band in a Box is doing everything I want, even if I don't know a fraction of what it can do yet. From my brief and often sleepless experience so far I think this can only get better as each new generation arrives. The current versions are a very long way apart from my first encounter, if memory serves me right that was on an Atari ST.

Tigz
© PG Music Forums