PG Music Home
Posted By: A-Z Endings in BIAB and Lead Sheets - 05/30/19 11:47 PM
It doesn't matter what I do I can never get my lead sheet to end how I want it to.
What if I just want it to end on a bar without it generating an ending bar? I de-select generate endings and it STILL generates and writes an additional chord no matter what bar I said the song was to stop and that pushes it in to another bar.

(I'd attach a screen pic but dont know how to do that)

and then, it has no ending bar lines. how can i make it look like a proper end the way i want it to?

and even harder is my current song where I want it to end on a NO CHORD N.C. so I have to type G. so it plays silent but it still prints like there is a chord then despite me deselecting the generate endings options it then adds another G on the bar after the bar I nominated for the song to end on.

How can I control this better?
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Endings in BIAB and Lead Sheets - 05/31/19 12:53 PM
A-Z,

Welcome to the forum and to Band-in-a-Box for Mac.

I use the Windows version of Band-in--Box but, for some of the questions you asked the answer is the same for both versions.

Quote:
What if I just want it (a printed lead sheet) to end on a bar without it generating an ending bar?
. Band-in-a-Box always divides a song into three parts: intro, chorus and end. It's always going to print the three parts so it will always print an end.

Quote:
I want it to end on a NO CHORD N.C.
. Band-in-a-Box always prints any chord you enter, even if it's a no chord.

The only way around the program constraints is to use a different program. +++ Musescore +++ is a free, open source music composition program available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Posted By: Harmony Re: Endings in BIAB and Lead Sheets - 05/25/20 08:39 PM
I too am having problems with endings when rendered. About one ending in 20 is either cut off early or contains stragler notes after the ending. These can sometimes be edited out of the .AIFF file, but are definitely out of place, and are a nuisance. What can I do to get BiaB to produce proper endings as it does for 95% of the songs. By the way, once BiaB has produced one of these erroneous endings, the error continues even after deleting and recreating the ending, or changing to a different accompanyment style. The problem also persists after switching to a different song and back again. Can someone please help?
© PG Music Forums