PG Music Home
Hoping this is a simple fix. I'm working on a song, using all real tracks. For sake of clarity, I'm going to use the "Nashville" terminology for the structure (Verse, pre-chorus, chorus, verse, etc.)

This song has a 2 bar intro, followed by a 6 bar verse (tempo is 73, song is in 4/4 time - using the Midlife Folky Ballad style). The 6-bar verse is followed by a 5 bar pre-chorus, with the last bar being a 2/4 bar. The song goes back to 4/4 immediately after the single 2/4 bar. The 2/4 bar occurs at bar #13.

I have set the bar settings in bar 13 to 2/4, and bar 14 back to 4/4. All of the realtrack instruments pick up and play this change correctly EXCEPT the drums, which play through as though it is still a 4/4 bar...thus creating a 2-beat "gap" in the track.

I export my BIAB audio files to mix in Logic, so I could hypothetically fix it with edits there, but I was thinking/hoping there is a fix/solution I'm missing in BIAB. I'm using the '18 version on Mac.
TIA.
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: time change issue using realTracks - 07/13/19 09:22 PM
The first question: What happens when you tale Real Drums out of the equation?

Without knowing that, it's impossible for the rest of us to know if RD is the issue or not.
Posted By: Roger Brown Re: time change issue using realTracks - 07/18/19 06:32 PM
I think I stumbled onto the problem and fixed it....completely by accident.

When I encountered the issue I described above, I had only completed the song chord sheet through the intro, verse, chorus and a turnaround going into the 2nd verse. So the complete song chart wasn't there....I hit play to see if it was working, and got the error I described.

On a whim, I went ahead and completed the song chart, thinking that if somebody gave me the solution, I could implement it and the song would be done. After inputing all the changes until the very end, I hit play and bam...fixed.
Played it correctly including the 2/4 bars everywhere they occurred.

So my guess is that the real drums don't "reset", for lack of a better term, until you have an entire song chart laid out.
Certainly not an error or issue, but an interesting quirk to tuck away and keep in mind.
Posted By: Geezybee Re: time change issue using realTracks - 04/05/20 03:27 AM
Bless you, Roger Brown!

Although we had different issues, my time-change problem was solved by reading your post. Thank you so much, my weeks-long search has finally ended. Whew!! Now my only problem in life is avoiding the coronavirus. eek
© PG Music Forums