PG Music Home
Posted By: mark.ogier Click track throughout playback? - 07/31/19 07:55 AM
Hi
Is it possible to have a click track playing (metronome?) through the entire duration of a track?

I realise that may seem a strange question given that drums are available but this is why.

I have a number of songs with long breaks where all instruments are silenced. During that time I am working out and playing some solo lines. It would be good to be able to keep a guide click track going whilst I am working on this so that I always finish my line bang on the beat when the 'band' comes back in.

Hope that makes sense.
Cheers
Mark
Posted By: DeaconBlues09 Re: Click track throughout playback? - 07/31/19 08:32 AM
Originally Posted By: mark.ogier
Hi
Is it possible to have a click track playing (metronome?) through the entire duration of a track?

I realise that may seem a strange question given that drums are available but this is why.

I have a number of songs with long breaks where all instruments are silenced. During that time I am working out and playing some solo lines. It would be good to be able to keep a guide click track going whilst I am working on this so that I always finish my line bang on the beat when the 'band' comes back in.

Hope that makes sense.
Cheers
Mark

Options > Count in and metronome > Record and play

Attached picture Met.PNG
Posted By: mark.ogier Re: Click track throughout playback? - 07/31/19 09:26 AM
Hey there,

Thanks for the quick response. I am using a Mac and all I can see is a check box for Metronome during recording, nothing for playback. See screen shot.

Looks like yet another short-change on the Mac version frown

Cheers
Mark

Description: Mac Screenshot
Attached picture Screenshot 2019-07-31 at 13.22.14.png
Posted By: DeaconBlues09 Re: Click track throughout playback? - 07/31/19 11:20 AM
Ooops.

When I check the forums I generally sort by "new," and sometimes I don't realize that I've strayed into the Mac forums. :-/

Yeah,

I checked the online manual for the Mac version, and it looks like you're S.O.L. :-(
© PG Music Forums